Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Cascade
Took a drive up to check out cascade yesterday. Fished off Sugarloaf in 10 to 15ft of water for a couple hours and caught some decent perch. Still around 10 in of ice with 4 inch of slush and some annoying inch thick crust ice on top of that. Worth the effort for the jumbo perch there. 
[Image: 20240131-083927.jpg]
(02-01-2024, 03:59 AM)HNTNFSH Wrote: Took a drive up to check out cascade yesterday. Fished off Sugarloaf in 10 to 15ft of water for a couple hours and caught some decent perch. Still around 10 in of ice with 4 inch of slush and some annoying inch thick crust ice on top of that. Worth the effort for the jumbo perch there. 

Thanks for the report, how long were those bigger perch? Were there a lot of people out there that day?
Nice, looks like a great day.
(02-01-2024, 03:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 03:59 AM)HNTNFSH Wrote: Took a drive up to check out cascade yesterday. Fished off Sugarloaf in 10 to 15ft of water for a couple hours and caught some decent perch. Still around 10 in of ice with 4 inch of slush and some annoying inch thick crust ice on top of that. Worth the effort for the jumbo perch there. 

Thanks for the report, how long were those bigger perch? Were there a lot of people out there that day?

That is the bottom of my kitchen sink. I didnt  measure them but I'd guess 13 or 14 inches. Only a couple other groups I could see. Talked to one of them. They did ok on perch and great on trout. Had several in the 18 to 24 inch range.
(02-02-2024, 03:35 AM)HNTNFSH Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 03:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

That is the bottom of my kitchen sink. I didnt  measure them but I'd guess 13 or 14 inches. Only a couple other groups I could see. Talked to one of them. They did ok on perch and great on trout. Had several in the 18 to 24 inch range.
nice
Nice Jumbos!
Nice fish !! Does anyone know the approx. ice out time frame at Cascade ?
Here are some pics of some perch from Cascade, caught a few weeks ago or so. Sorry, no details.

[Image: big-cascade-perch.jpg]

[Image: cascade-perch.jpg]
Looks like someone had a good day
Anyone have an update on ice conditions at various access points on Cascade? Heading over in a couple days.
Cascade is all about mobility on the ice. You really need a snowmachine and then travel to where the fish are. If you can't do that you are going to settle for a long day with few fish.
I’ve tried that approach on Cascade and Ririe with mixed results. Last April the edges were too soft for a machine so I drilled right next to the ramp in 8’ of water and had 10 jumbos in about 20 minutes. Maybe just a timing thing but it does show we often pass fish to find fish.

Either way you have to be able to get on the ice first.
Well the ice on Cascade was in great shape. Solid edges and only minor slush every where I went from Poison to Sugar Loaf.