Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge question
We often swing into FG around Easter to catch some early spring bows. Wondering how far open water extends towards the pipeline - or past it (upstream)
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I was there a little over a week ago. We fished past the pipeline and ran into ice on Thursday. On Friday it looked like all of that ice had blown off and we saw boats come downstream from Anvil. Not sure how much further north you could get, but I would guess there is a fair amount of open water.
(03-08-2024, 01:32 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: We often swing into FG around Easter to catch some early spring bows. Wondering how far open water extends towards the pipeline - or past it (upstream)

[Image: 2024-03-07-00-00-2024-03-07-23-59-Sentin...-color.jpg]

Here's an image from yesterday. Looks like ice has melted or massively deteriorated almost to Buckboard.

This is the website I recommend when searching for ice conditions (mostly just for presence or absence): https://browser.dataspace.copernicus.eu/
Thanks to both of you for the info. If I can get the crew moving in the AM we might try a run over. A bit earlier than normal for us but looking for an adventure
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew