Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport/Pineview ice conditions
Any newer updates on ice conditions for Rockport and/or Pineview?  Saw the Rockport reports from Tuesday, looked encouraging, wondering if  conditions have changed?  Hoping to get on Rockport in the morning, haven't been there in the last couple seasons. Probably just load up and be there at day light tomorrow. 
Thanks.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Only a drive by report, but... Pineview seemed pretty favorable today. Edge appeared solid and surface looked firm, only shallow tracks from people moving around. Saw fisherfolk in Narrows, Windsurfer, and Browning.
Saturday 3/9 I got on and off Rockport okay, no wading, no plank needed. Ice was 2” of frozen slush over 5-6” of good ice. Not sure how long it will last.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I went to Rockport on Sat. also.  On and off the edges was good, BUT, there are signs that the edges have been really soft in the recent past and, with the warmer weather, I don't think a 10' plank will be enough to get on the ice in the near future.  Catching, well, I had hoped to keep a limit of 50 for my last time out on the rock this season, I didn't come close!  Catching was sporadic and I caught a lot of dinks.
Thanks for the reports. Wanted to get there Saturday but the flu caught me Friday night. Guess keep an ear out for reports and try to get there Sunday.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.