Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine
Ran up this am to see how much open water there was and how close it is to spilling. Well there is no open water still at the same level it was but for the 1st time this year I have seen there were people out ice fishing. I group over on the 1st big bay and another group in a tent by the dam

[Image: IMG-2187.jpg]
(03-09-2024, 04:28 PM)2knots Wrote: Ran up this am to see how much open water there was and how close it is to spilling. Well there is no open water still at the same level it was but for the 1st time this year I have seen there were people out ice fishing. I group over on the 1st big bay and another group in a tent by the dam

Pretty amazing it has refrozen like that but it has been much colder. Wonder how long it will last Undecided
Wow that really blows my mind.... I keep watching Hyrum and expect it to clear, but still has some ice.... Spent the weekend planting the greenhouse, so I guess I'm back in early farming mode... Got some carrots, beets and cabbage in hope they don't freeze out, but looks like things are getting warmer... Thanks for the news that is really interesting... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-11-2024, 02:33 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow that really blows my mind.... I keep watching Hyrum and expect it to clear, but still has some ice.... Spent the weekend planting the greenhouse, so I guess I'm back in early farming mode... Got some carrots, beets and cabbage in hope they don't freeze out, but looks like things are getting warmer... Thanks for the news that is really interesting... Later J

In the winter I fish the river below and cross country ski the dam road. Very few people ice fishing this year, the ice has been very questionable though I see deer tracks heading across every once in awhile. I was amazed when I saw those people ice fishing.