Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State parks boating fees
I went to Jordanelle Saturday and they charged me $20. Last year it was $10 for the off-season rate. In the past the entrance fee and boating fees were one and the same. So I looked at their website and there is zero mention of a special boating fee. Anyone run into this at other state parks ?
[Image: IMG-4584.jpg]
Since I don’t have a trailer I believe next time I will just pay the day use rate.
To the best of my knowledge, the Day Use Fee covers boat launching at all state parks.  And the website for Jordanelle State Park clearly states that the off season (Nov through April) Day Use Fee is $10.  It doesn't go to $20 until May through October.  You paid too much.  Was there an attendant at the gate or did you use an envelope?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-10-2024, 07:01 AM)TT600 Wrote: I went to Jordanelle Saturday and they charged me $20. Last year it was $10 for the off-season rate. In the past the entrance fee and boating fees were one and the same. So I looked at their website and there is zero mention of a special boating fee. Anyone run into this at other state parks ?
Since I don’t have a trailer I believe next time I will just pay the day use rate.

Curious why you don't purchase an annual pass?
(03-10-2024, 03:59 PM)Kent Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 07:01 AM)TT600 Wrote: I went to Jordanelle Saturday and they charged me $20. Last year it was $10 for the off-season rate. In the past the entrance fee and boating fees were one and the same. So I looked at their website and there is zero mention of a special boating fee. Anyone run into this at other state parks ?

I only go a few times in the off season. In the summer there are better options. 
I used the kiosk and selected boating as I always do. In the future I will select day use!
[Image: IMG-4590.jpg]
Here is the Jordanelle State Park fee schedule copied directly from their website!

DAY USE – Off Season (November-April) Per/Day
Hailstone Day Use $10
Hailstone Senior Day Use (65+) $5
Rock Cliff Day Use $10
Rock Cliff Senior Day Use (65+) $5
Ross Creek Day Use $10
Ross Creek Senior Day Use (65+) $5
(03-10-2024, 04:42 PM)TT600 Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 03:59 PM)Kent Wrote:

I only go a few times in the off season. In the summer there are better options. 
I used the kiosk and selected boating as I always do. In the future I will select day use!
iosk[Image: IMG-4590.jpg]
Something isn't right here.  There is no 'boating' fee listed on the website; only day use fee.  Why is 'boating' an option on the kiosk and why is it more than day use?  I would STRONGLY urge you to contact Utah Parks & Recs and ask for a refund.  They ripped you off IMHO.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
They got me once. But I won’t be fooled again!
Looks like Echo is $20 for day use. Maybe Jordanelle has raised their prices but not updated their website.
[Image: IMG-4626.jpg]