Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Times at The Gorge
I went out with friends and family to beautiful Flaming Gorge.  Conditions made fishing tougher some days than others.  I always plan on "W" when going up there, and praise deities when it isn't as present.  
Got my personal best on this trip.  Best part about it was that I caught it and another fish on glide baits that I carved and painted by hand.  My buddy caught a nice fish on one I made as well.
I have attached a couple pics of my "Denzlures" if you are interested.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like a great time, congrats on the trip and thanks for sharing it with us... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-11-2024, 04:22 PM)joshomaru Wrote: I went out with friends and family to beautiful Flaming Gorge.  Conditions made fishing tougher some days than others.  I always plan on "W" when going up there, and praise deities when it isn't as present.  
Got my personal best on this trip.  Best part about it was that I caught it and another fish on glide baits that I carved and painted by hand.  My buddy caught a nice fish on one I made as well.
I have attached a couple pics of my "Denzlures" if you are interested.

Congratulations on your PB. Interesting lure. I’d be interested to try one like it. What was the weight on your PB?
RedReb, I guessed it at about 25lbs. We did measure it at 39" long and 21" girth, which according to the lake trout calculator at laketrout.org, says it is about 21.5lbs. Since I have not hefted too many fish of that size, I suppose I would defer to what the calculator says.
We could have weighed the fish, but, I was more concerned about getting it back to the water!
Those lures look a lot like the high-dollar swimbaits that are all of the rage in the bass community.
(03-12-2024, 01:50 PM)joshomaru Wrote: RedReb, I guessed it at about 25lbs.  We did measure it at 39" long and 21" girth, which according to the lake trout calculator at laketrout.org, says it is about 21.5lbs.  Since I have not hefted too many fish of that size, I suppose I would defer to what the calculator says.
We could have weighed the fish, but, I was more concerned about getting it back to the water!

Kudos to you. Glad you got it back in quickly. The gorge is calling my name!
Someone needs to resize the photos! Most were displayed to large!!
(03-13-2024, 02:47 PM)Therapist Wrote: Someone needs to resize the photos!  Most were displayed to large!!

Right click on the photo and bring up in a new tab - you can see it there.
(03-14-2024, 01:25 AM)brookie Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 02:47 PM)Therapist Wrote: Someone needs to resize the photos!  Most were displayed to large!!

Right click on the photo and bring up in a new tab - you can see it there.

THANKS FOR THE TIP !!!!!  WORKED