Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Gone but not forgotten
(03-15-2024, 08:46 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 07:26 PM)Coldfooter Wrote: my best fishing buddy, 3M, past away last oct. she was apart of bft for many many moons. i miss her dearly

Hi Don.  Good to see you are still with us.  Sorry to hear about MMM.  She really was a fine lady tangler...and just a great person.  But with all of the physical problems she developed her final years were not her best.  She was lucky to have you to look after her.  How are you doing?

yes she was a great person and could put a hurt on the male pride while she held a fishing rod in hand whether casting for shimers or mac. I was more than proud to do what i could for her when she needed these past year's. I guess I'm doing ok for now, it was hit and miss a few short weeks ago.  how have you been pat
(03-19-2024, 04:55 AM)Coldfooter Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 08:46 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 07:26 PM)Coldfooter Wrote: my best fishing buddy, 3M, past away last oct. she was apart of bft for many many moons. i miss her dearly

Hi Don.  Good to see you are still with us.  Sorry to hear about MMM.  She really was a fine lady tangler...and just a great person.  But with all of the physical problems she developed her final years were not her best.  She was lucky to have you to look after her.  How are you doing?

yes she was a great person and could put a hurt on the male pride while she held a fishing rod in hand whether casting for shimers or mac. I was more than proud to do what i could for her when she needed these past year's. I guess I'm doing ok for now, it was hit and miss a few short weeks ago.  how have you been pat
I guess you could say I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in.  Turned 80 last year and am developing some health issues.  But still launching my float tube as often as possible.  I plan to keep on keepin' on until my expiration date.  As long as I am still on this side of the grass...and able to mow it...I'll enjoy every day my eyes open in the morning.
(03-19-2024, 12:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Turned 80 last year and am developing some health issues.
You youngsters are always complaining about something.   Big Grin Heart
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-19-2024, 12:51 PM)dubob Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 12:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Turned 80 last year and am developing some health issues.
Yeah, I'd probably complain if I was shot with a dull rope...or however that goes.  

How are you coming along after your last surgery thing?  Gonna be able to climb in your boat soon?
(03-19-2024, 01:18 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 12:51 PM)dubob Wrote:
Yeah, I'd probably complain if I was shot with a dull rope...or however that goes.  

How are you coming along after your last surgery thing?  Gonna be able to climb in your boat soon?
Hearts doin' fine (fingers crossed); lower back, not so much.  But Hey - I'm still above water and sucking air.  Hope to have the boat in Willard the first or second week in April.  I got an SOS from Texas - they need help thinning out their wild turkeys and pigs, so I'll have to help them out before launching the tub.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[Image: IMG-0026.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1680.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1710.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0026.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1691.jpg]

Hello all.
I used to be a regular especially on Willard Bay.  Its good to see many I have crossed paths with are still going strong.  Sad to see so many have passed or are aging out and not able to fish.   Since I retired to RV life I was able to come down usually in the spring and put the smack down on the walleye.  Last winter I had a life threating heath condition that changed many things for me.  That seems to be how it goes for all of us.  Had to leave the RV life and have settled down in Idaho.  Trying to rehab back into as much of a life as I had before.  Hope to come fish the Willard Bay in June.  
By the way your adds for Lectric bikes.  I have one I put over 1000 miles on and lost 20 pounds.  Its a great option to get out there if your a fat old guy like me.  Don't be afraid of them.   The bikes and the fat old guys that is.
Hope to see you good folks again on Willard Bay.
ReelFast.
(03-14-2024, 04:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 02:21 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: Pat,
What about the gal who was really young (early 20's) and had breathing problems/other physical problems who never wanted to give up and fished the urban fisheries along the front?  I can't recall her name, but she was very friendly and was a great inspiration to those with handicaps in life.
Yes.  Her BFT name was Vivid Dawn.  Her real name was Julia.  And she was good friends with Ice Princess.,

She moved into an assisted living facility here in Salt Lake a couple of years ago and I picked her up for a couple of fishing trips.  But the number I had for her no longer works and my wife says she has not been on BookFace for a while.  I suspect the worst.

Julia expressed an interest, in a thread on BFT, in learning how to repair small engines, in order to earn some extra money.  Tom Robison (I can't remember his username.  He is also a deceased former member of BFT.) purchased all of the necessary tools for her to start up her business.  He had me deliver the tools to Julia and not inform her who had given her the generous gift.  Tom then arranged to meet with her and provide some training in small engine repair.  I don't know if Julia ever got her repair business off of the ground.  When Tom died I contacted Julia and informer her that Tom had been the one who gave her the tools.  She said that she had suspected that to be the case.
(03-25-2024, 03:13 PM)Kent Wrote:
What about the gal who was really young (early 20's) and had breathing problems/other physical problems who never wanted to give up and fished the urban fisheries along the front?  I can't recall her name, but she was very friendly and was a great inspiration to those with handicaps in life.
Yes.  Her BFT name was Vivid Dawn.  Her real name was Julia.  And she was good friends with Ice Princess.,

She moved into an assisted living facility here in Salt Lake a couple of years ago and I picked her up for a couple of fishing trips.  But the number I had for her no longer works and my wife says she has not been on BookFace for a while.  I suspect the worst.

Julia expressed an interest, in a thread on BFT, in learning how to repair small engines, in order to earn some extra money.  Tom Robison (I can't remember his username.  He is also a deceased former member of BFT.) purchased all of the necessary tools for her to start up her business.  He had me deliver the tools to Julia and not inform her who had given her the generous gift.  Tom then arranged to meet with her and provide some training in small engine repair.  I don't know if Julia ever got her repair business off of the ground.  When Tom died I contacted Julia and informer her that Tom had been the one who gave her the tools.  She said that she had suspected that to be the case.
Tom's BFT handle was "Geezer"...one of the first ones I mentioned.  He worked at Kennecott for many years and was a wizard with all things mechanical.  I know of several folks he helped with boat problems that could not find help elsewhere.
(03-25-2024, 03:29 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 03:13 PM)Kent Wrote:

Tom's BFT handle was "Geezer"...one of the first ones I mentioned.  He worked at Kennecott for many years and was a wizard with all things mechanical.  I know of several folks he helped with boat problems that could not find help elsewhere.

I had forgotten that was his username.  In looking at the picture, that you posted of him, that was indeed Tom.  He bought a boat that had a cracked head on it and he repaired it with liquid weld and used that boat, for years, without any issues. He was a generous man, once offering his boat to me while mine was ailing.  I declined the generous offer, but I was definitely appreciative.
Good News!  Vivid Dawn (Julia Despain) just responded to one of my videos on YouTube.  I asked her to send me her current email address so I can help get her back on BFT.  She has been unable to do so since the change.  Another casualty of the "upgrade".
(03-26-2024, 05:02 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Good News!  Vivid Dawn (Julia Despain) just responded to one of my videos on YouTube.  I asked her to send me her current email address so I can help get her back on BFT.  She has been unable to do so since the change.  Another casualty of the "upgrade".

On the gone but not forgotten subject have you any idea about Cliff, Bassrods?
(03-26-2024, 05:34 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 05:02 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Good News!  Vivid Dawn (Julia Despain) just responded to one of my videos on YouTube.  I asked her to send me her current email address so I can help get her back on BFT.  She has been unable to do so since the change.  Another casualty of the "upgrade".

On the gone but not forgotten subject have you any idea about Cliff, Bassrods?
A few years ago he bought some property in Oregon and was planning to build a home and move there.  But due to some mess up in regulations and legalities...and costs of getting water and power...he didn't get to build his home.  He moved back here and as far as I know is still here.  But, again, I think he got lost in the BFT "turnover".  He is not very tech savvy and fought the system before...so...
VD signed up last night, her new username is 
VividDawn913
Well... THAT was an annoying hassle! Thank you admin for fixing stuff for me Smile

Ahem, anyhoo... I'm back!
But in hospice, so enjoy me while ya can LOL I'm trying to stick it out until July, after my sister's wedding.

And I never did get a true business going with the tinkering, but did do a few projects for my dad and neighbor. It was fun!
(03-27-2024, 12:35 AM)VividDawn9 Wrote: Well... THAT was an annoying hassle!  Thank you admin for fixing stuff for me Smile

But in hospice, so enjoy me while ya can  LOL  I'm trying to stick it out until July, after my sister's wedding.

And I never did get a true business going with the tinkering, but did do a few projects for my dad and neighbor. It was fun!

Hey Julia, good to have you back on line, we've missed you...  Sorry to hear about the hospice, but I sure hope you get to enjoy your sisters wedding...  Hope your condition isn't too painful or frustrating for you...  Crazy the twists and turns that life sends our direction, but sounds like you're doing well with yours... Thanks for taking the time to get back on line, it is a pain... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-27-2024, 01:02 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:35 AM)VividDawn9 Wrote: Well... THAT was an annoying hassle!  Thank you admin for fixing stuff for me Smile

But in hospice, so enjoy me while ya can  LOL  I'm trying to stick it out until July, after my sister's wedding.

Hey Julia, good to have you back on line, we've missed you...  Sorry to hear about the hospice, but I sure hope you get to enjoy your sisters wedding...  Hope your condition isn't too painful or frustrating for you...  Crazy the twists and turns that life sends our direction, but sounds like you're doing well with yours... Thanks for taking the time to get back on line, it is a pain... Later Jeff

I don't have pain, thankfully. Just frustrating that I can't DO anything. I'm on a ventilator 24/7, and technically it's portable, but such a hassle to set up and pack up on my whelechair. And only lasts 4 hours.
So, I just stay in my room and putter around on the interwebs  Smile

Hey sweetie, glad you made it back aboard.  Missed ya.  

Okay if I call you "sweetie" now instead of "bratty little kid"?

I had to start over and change my used name.
(03-27-2024, 02:48 AM)VividDawn9 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:02 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

I don't have pain, thankfully. Just frustrating that I can't DO anything. I'm on a ventilator 24/7, and technically it's portable, but such a hassle to set up and pack up on my whelechair. And only lasts 4 hours.
So, I just stay in my room and putter around on the interwebs  Smile
Seems like I'm doing too much of that puttering the webs myself, at least on slow work days... We'll have to get the guys to get out and get you some fish stories to follow, and when Pat gets out, he has some fun videos that almost are as good as making the fish'en trip.. Been so busy lately I'm having to get my fishing fix through their trips as well.. Hope these things can help brighten your days a little bit... Catch ya later .. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-27-2024, 01:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

Hey sweetie, glad you made it back aboard.  Missed ya.  

Okay if I call you "sweetie" now instead of "bratty little kid"?

Ohhh...I suppose so. Bratty little kid is funnier, and amuses me greatly   Big Grin
But you guys call me whatever ya want. I'm not too picky, as long as it's not purposefully offensive, and I highly doubt you guys would do that! Everybody on here has been wonderful to me!   Heart