Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR Newsletter...6 spots for spring
LINK TO NEWSLETTER

DWR just posted some suggestions for 6 good potential fishing spots for early spring...along with helpful hints for fishing them.  They include Bear Lake, Flaming Gorge, Strawberry, Lake Powell, Recapture and Blanding Reservoior #4.

Got lots of water again this year so should be good spawning for all species...boding well for the future.
they did not say any thing about kokanee at Flaming Gorge.   

will have to wait and see if they are any at Strawberry this year.   Cutthroats don't turn me on any more got to many last year. and and not a lot of kokanee,
(03-16-2024, 08:05 PM)liketrolling Wrote: they did not say any thing about kokanee at Flaming Gorge.   

will have to wait and see if they are any at Strawberry this year.   Cutthroats don't turn me on any more got to many last year. and and not a lot of kokanee,

Yeah, last year was a bad one for kokeaholics.  Sure hope your fave ponds treat you better this year.  Don't think you would be happy dry fly fishing for brine shrimp on Salt Lake.

Probably way too early for anyone to get a read on how the year will go yet.  Cross your fingers, cross your legs and cross your eyes.  Gotta put that new boat to good use.
Hoping. Going to Starvie next month, and have to check out my new tow vehicle with a trip to Willard first.
(03-16-2024, 10:22 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Hoping. Going to Starvie next month, and have to check out my new tow vehicle with a trip to Willard first.

Hey Rocky, what did you end up getting?  I've been liking mine, except for the mileage.... Love pulling with it... So nice to not be underpowered like I have been since I was young and had money to spend on fuel... Looks like the prices keep dropping on trucks, I probably could have gotten more for the money, but I've been glad to have this one through the winter, even if I didn't get out on any big ice fishing trips... Good luck on your Starvation trip... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!