Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
Hello Everyone 

I am a new member on the BF website and have read many of the post on here, it seems there are a great group of people on here unlike  some of the Facebook groups and I appreciate what you all do on here. I live in Tooele and haven't got out much this year I am hoping to go to Deer Creek to get the dust off the boat and try out a few lures I felt I just had to make over the winter and see if any blind trout will take a liking to any of them before the weather hits this weekend and I am wondering if the ramps are open and if anyone has had a chance to fish it in a boat the last few weeks.
Thanks for any response.
I was there 2 weeks ago and the ramps are wide open and fishing was really good
(03-20-2024, 05:31 AM)Tooeledude Wrote: Hello Everyone 

I am a new member on the BF website and have read many of the post on here, it seems there are a great group of people on here unlike  some of the Facebook groups and I appreciate what you all do on here. I live in Tooele and haven't got out much this year I am hoping to go to Deer Creek to get the dust off the boat and try out a few lures I felt I just had to make over the winter and see if any blind trout will take a liking to any of them before the weather hits this weekend and I am wondering if the ramps are open and if anyone has had a chance to fish it in a boat the last few weeks.
Thanks for any response.

Hey welcome to the site, we love to see new blood of like minded folks join us... I haven't been to Deer Creek, but I think Pisco was a week or so ago, so hopefully he will see your post and give you some info... It sounded like they did well with good size fish...  Again, welcome and come back often and share your adventures, it helps us get through the work days... or otherwise for the those that are retired... Good luck.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-20-2024, 05:31 AM)Tooeledude Wrote: Hello Everyone 

Thanks for any response.

Welcome Tooeledude.  I was at Deer Creek on Monday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.  Both ramps are open and are in good shape.  I was trolling about 1.3 - 1.5 MPH with a pink squid.  Ended up catching about 25 for the day.  Most were about 1 pound.  The biggest was around 3 pounds.  It was nice to eat some fresh trout when I got home.
Welcome to the site. Good bunch of people on here who love to fish and are willing to help others. I see some have already answered your questions but you can also go back and look at the history. I know there a a few recent DC reports
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Welcome to BFT. I was at DC an hour ago and both ramps are open and many boats out fishing. Pushing 60 degrees out there today. Good luck and give us a report on your hand made lures.
a lot of boats trolling for rainbows at deer creek 
you can catch about 10 to 14 in a hour if you can find where there at and how deep they are  and what to use
we get tired of catching them so we stay about 4 hr.  
most are 14 to 16 in we get some that are 20 in.

they move so you have to find them, and finding how deep they are is not hard to find that out.
They are starting to get very heavily pressured. Too many boats. I would probably save some driving and hit UL for whities and pre-spawn crappie if it were me.
We went to deer creek this morning and it was very slow for us. First two hours didn't even get a bite. Tried pop gear and worm and sling blades and squids.