Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Unidentified" species out of Fish Lake
Hi all,

I caught an interesting-looking trout a few days ago. Any ideas what kind it is? The interwebs suggest anything from Kamloops trout to steelhead Smile

[Image: IMG-2704-1.jpg]
(03-21-2024, 10:30 PM)FishingIsLife Wrote: Hi all,

I caught an interesting-looking trout a few days ago. Any ideas what kind it is? The interwebs suggest anything from Kamloops trout to steelhead Smile

A very nice colored up rainbow trout.
(03-21-2024, 10:30 PM)FishingIsLife Wrote: Hi all,

Pretty Rainbow, a kamaloop is a strain of rainbow that are popular for there small heads and football shape mainly planted in British Columbia, North Idaho and Lake Tahoe so if you got that in Utah not likely a kamaloop strain. A Stealhead is also a rainbow trout that is born in fresh water then migrates  out to the ocean and come back 2-3 years later to spawn, so again if in Utah not a Stealhead as there is no access to the ocean.
Looks like a 'Rainbow' to me.
Nice Rainbow trout
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Thanks ya'll. A pretty rainbow it is Smile

BTW, the ice is still good on Fish Lake, the bite is on, and no crowds. What a gorgeous place!
Looks like a Bow to me. Beautiful color
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF