Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Echo with the student angler club
Took the student angler club out to Echo for some early ice off fishing. It was a bit windy. Fished afternoon 5-8. Picked up a number of rainbows on power bait, spinners and jigs. They were mostly shallow in warming water. We were closer to the inlet. 

Good times

Video link

https://youtu.be/FiEqaqFXzXE?si=AErGrI-kqWvO2H6M
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
You're a good mentor. That looks like a lot of fun.  Thats a good spot to fish from the shore.
(03-25-2024, 03:35 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: You're a good mentor. That looks like a lot of fun.  Thats a good spot to fish from the shore.

I really enjoy taking them out.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good on you for taking the young men out fishing.
(03-25-2024, 09:05 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Good on you for taking the young men out fishing.

I have a half dozen young ladies signed up but they always seem to have somthing going on when we go.   But they are sure good workers in my construction class.

See photo of Tiny House we are building

[Image: 20240214-135301.jpg]
Sweet, how many Sq foot will this tiny house be when completed?
(03-25-2024, 11:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sweet, how many Sq foot will this tiny house be when completed?

It is about 400 sf
(03-26-2024, 02:59 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 11:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sweet, how many Sq foot will this tiny house be when completed?

It is about 400 sf

Nice, my sister had one built a number of years ago that was the same size, she loved it.
(03-25-2024, 10:33 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:05 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Good on you for taking the young men out fishing.

I have a half dozen young ladies signed up but they always seem to have somthing going on when we go.   But they are sure good workers in my construction class.

Nice, those are skills that they will use in their lifetime. I wish I would have been able to have classes like this when I was going to school. I have yet to use anything I learned in Algebra even being a retired computer programmer. 
(03-27-2024, 03:02 AM)lovetofish Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 10:33 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Nice, those are skills that they will use in their lifetime. I wish I would have been able to have classes like this when I was going to school. I have yet to use anything I learned in Algebra even being a retired computer programmer. 

Agreed. I also teach  Engineering and Technology classes but I really love the trades classes. In my woods 3 I am teaching them how to steam bend wood - and yup you guessed it the project is to make thier own steam bent traditional wood fishing net. I will post some photos of them when they finish.
Good on ya. My jr high woods class built sheds before and after school. Early mornings were a drag, but it helped build a strong work ethic. School would sell them and use profits to help buy lumber for normal shop projects. Loved the steam bender. Split more pieces than we saved, but was fun nonetheless. Wish I had net still. Thanks Mr Johnson for suffering through us yahoos. Good memories