Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report
Headed to Lost Creek first. Still has ice but I would not get on it. So off to Rockport. Ice is off.  Boats and shore fishing were both going on. We watched multiple groups get some shore action. No perch but bows. We fished upper lake east side. Had fair action. Not hot but steady enough that I could not nap Smile. Cookie caught a fair number drowning bait. I spent most of my time testing a new drone but managed to get a few. We also cooked cinnamon rolls over the fire. Got to work on that a bit. Little burntSmile

Got a bit of sunshine but mostly overcast. Bows were pretty shallow. 5-20 ft crusing for love and chow.

Video link

https://youtu.be/wkqSeDQVM6o?si=r2gUVLeC57tpFucK

[Image: 20240329-153941.jpg]

[Image: 20240329-152336.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like you and Cookie had a great time, can't say I've ever heard of cooking cinnamon rolls over and open flame like that, were you able to get them cooked like that? Great video.
The Cowboy pirate family are just down right good people- my wife and I enjoyed the whole video. Looking forward to future outings!
(03-31-2024, 06:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like you and Cookie had a great time, can't say I've ever heard of cooking cinnamon rolls over and open flame like that, were you able to get them cooked like that? Great video.

I did it before with mom and dad but we burnt the crap out of these. Works much better on a dowl so the dough is even thickness and distance from fire when you rotate it.

(04-01-2024, 08:25 PM)portofthesea Wrote: The Cowboy pirate family are just down right good people- my wife and I enjoyed the whole video. Looking forward to future outings!

Txs. We will be up to our normal mischief tomorrow at Flaming Gorge. Cookies parent are still around and wanted an outing.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Many thanks sir!  I've been trying to figure out where I can drag my kids out to fish this week as they're on Spring Break and they need some outside time.  Looks like we'll be headed up to Rockport tomorrow morning.
(04-02-2024, 05:58 PM)SqMeadows Wrote: Many thanks sir!  I've been trying to figure out where I can drag my kids out to fish this week as they're on Spring Break and they need some outside time.  Looks like we'll be headed up to Rockport tomorrow morning.

Let us know how you do. I should be a good day to be out
(04-03-2024, 01:28 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Let us know how you do. I should be a good day to be out

We fished from the shore over by the Highland picnic area.  I caught one 16" rainbow on a nightcrawler fished on the bottom, kids didn't catch anything.  Once we were out of the wind, it was a nice day anyways.  Lots of great skipping rocks on the beach once they got bored with fishing.
(04-14-2024, 05:28 AM)SqMeadows Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 01:28 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Let us know how you do. I should be a good day to be out

We fished from the shore over by the Highland picnic area.  I caught one 16" rainbow on a nightcrawler fished on the bottom, kids didn't catch anything.  Once we were out of the wind, it was a nice day anyways.  Lots of great skipping rocks on the beach once they got bored with fishing.

Sorry the bite was not better. Spring fishing for us has been kinda odd too. Hot and cold streaks. Normally for us ice off is one of our best time to land quality trout in numbers