Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOUTHERN UT BASSIN
Been a very good pre-spawn bite so far down here in Southern UT. These weekly cold fronts really get them going if you can be on the water as they are rolling in. Lots of great cloud cover and chop on the water for a great SB bite! Water temps have hit 53, and looks like mid 80's air temps hitting us next week which will really get them moving up and interested in bedding. I always catch my biggest fish this time of year during pre-spawn...the females are as heavy as they'll be all year, so now is the time to catch em! Good to see our lakes at max capacity already, and the run off hasn't even started yet. Tight lines! 

[Image: 20240402-184904.jpg]

[Image: 20240330-101610.jpg]

[Image: 20240322-174825.jpg]

[Image: 20240322-173415.jpg]
Those be some tanks. Congrats.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice LMbass, any guess on the weight of those big mamas?
Nice greenfish, Richy!
You ever throw glides for them??
(04-06-2024, 12:53 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice LMbass, any guess on the weight of those big mamas?

The big girl at the top went 5.6 lbs...she's the biggest one so far this season. Temps have now hit the 60s and they are all moving up into the flooded brush to do their thing.

(04-09-2024, 02:47 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Nice greenfish, Richy! 
You ever throw glides for them??

I've thought about it...especially during this time of year when they are shallower and looking up. That doesn't last long though down here as they all move out and hunker down on the bottom in 20+ feet of water post spawn. It would be a fun way to catch them for sure! We generally switch over to larger paddle tail swimbaits on 1/2 oz jig heads during that time of year, they love em!