Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate procrastination
I believe I may have the record for "ultimate procrastination".  We moved into our house on July 11, 1980, and Kathy and I both noticed that when one used the light switch closest to the doorway, in our main bathroom, that instead of turning on the light the exhaust fan turned on.  We both questioned why anyone would install the switches that way (the switch, right next to that switch, and further away from the doorway turns on and off the lights).

I remember thinking, the first time that I discovered the strange way the switches were wired, that I bet that I could just take out a few screws (after shutting off the power to the switches first) and easily and quickly change the switches to the way that made more sense to both of us. 

Over the years, I have forgotten that the switches are reversed and hit the fan switch, instead of the light switch, many more times than I am willing to admit.  Well, I am proud to announce, that only after procrastinating 15,977 days, that I spent approximately 30 minutes (most of the time was spent finding the switch in the breaker box that shut off the power to the main bathroom) and fixed the switches, so that they work the way that they should have from when the house was constructed in 1976!

Do I have the record for procrastination?
[Image: Light-switch.jpg]
Way to go.  I'm probably right behind you on procrastination.

It's like I tell my wife, you don't want to rush into things. Big Grin
The bright side is you can start anew procrastination. Also, do you still have a backup procrastination still in play?  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Kent, you are no amateurcrastinator, you're a pro.
Wouldn't the ultimate procrastination be putting it off until you are fishing the great pond in the sky? Lol
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Amateur.

I have ADHD, and I respect what you have done here.
(04-11-2024, 06:38 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Wouldn't the ultimate procrastination be putting it off until you are fishing the great pond in the sky? Lol

Maybe, I just about did.
Nah. All that clean living has you going strong still.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(04-12-2024, 04:55 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Nah. All that clean living has you going strong still.

This is true, I just hope that it lasts for awhile.