Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Lincoln report
Video 
Time to fish from the boat. I have been getting into too much trouble driving around the lake checking favorite shore fishing spots. Nearly rolled my truck at Mulberry and managed to get stuck in the "sand" while launching my kayak at the Knolls. Fortunately, in both cases I had a QRF team (Quick Recovery Force aka grandsons) to rescue me. I have overheard my wife colluding with my kids to have my driver's license taken away. No way. 

[Image: image0-1.jpg][Image: image1-3.jpg][Image: DSC01413-stuck-close-up.jpg]

So, I fished Lincoln morning and afternoon for the last couple of days. Lots of going-to-work traffic in the mornings and afternoons are worse if the big yellow buses are out. My usual 15-minute drive turned into a half hour drive when I got stuck behind a school bus. The bus stopped every 500 hundred yards or so to disgorge 6-8 backpacks with kids attached to them, most of the kids with cell phones stuck in their ears. (Flash back to my own youth -- one mile walk to school no backpack and no social media. Thank you!) 

Ennyhow, for my efforts I managed two cats and two white bass... depressing but promising. Saw fish on radar but none that had any interest in my offerings. Water temps have been around 50 degrees early warming to low 50s in the afternoons. Several boats launching from Lincoln, most going to the walleye areas. Good time to be out even if fishing is slow. Lots love in the area with the geese and the mallards pairing up and staking out nesting areas... the carp and white bass warming up for their annual orgy. Couple more weeks.

I might hit the water again tomorrow (Friday) and then it looks like another cold spell... still, good times coming.

Fish on, BLK

I have to fill out an application from my wife to drive on outdoor adventures after slamming a big Rock and blowing out the tire and rim. I know how it feels. I sure am getting anxious to start seeing them big cats slide over your gunwale
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice job getting out and hope you were just kidding about the drivers license... Congrats on a nice mixed bag... Wish we had whities in cutler.. Oh well I probably couldn't catch them anyway... Lter J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-12-2024, 12:00 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice job getting out and hope you were just kidding about the drivers license... Congrats on a nice mixed bag... Wish we had whities in cutler.. Oh well I probably couldn't catch them anyway... Lter J
You gotta be more positive, Jeff.  Try saying "I'm positive I wouldn't catch any."
(04-12-2024, 01:21 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I have to fill out an application from my wife to drive on outdoor adventures after slamming a big Rock and blowing out the tire and rim. I know how it feels. I sure am getting anxious to start seeing them big cats slide over your gunwale

Good to hear that others are making a few blunders that kinda leave others wondering if you safe on the roads. I thought I had worked through those dump moves in my teenage years but now and again I still manage a few things that a prudent person should not do. Cool 

I'm ready to start seeing some of those big cats, too. Hopefully, in time they will start showing up on my line. Pic below is of my pb weight-wise. Biggest body cat I have caught... about like holding a section of railroad tie. If memory serves (??) he weighted 23+ pounds and was about 32 inches long. I first encountered him in 2021 so he has had 3-4 years to grow... say maybe an inch or so a year?? That would make him maybe 36 inches now?? Gotta find him again. 

[Image: DSC01190-2-1.jpg]

Btw Lots of admiration going your way for all that you do for C and B. Hope to see you again at Lincoln this year.

BLK/Lynn