Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek part 2
Took the student angler club up Friday. Ice all off. A few yaks crusing and a fair number of bank tanglers. Had pretty good luck in a couple hrs in the evening.  Picked up a mix bag of cuts, bows and splake. Jigs and a worm. Bling in silver and gold. And worm. Again no bites on powerbait. Had a good snowball fight and watched a hook set that would have set a barb into a wooly mammoth tusk.

But all they can talk about is when am I gona take them to catch some cats. 

Really fun short video

https://youtu.be/mQFNzM4oNWc?si=A89QPEBnt_4p0wmd

[Image: 20240412-174248.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-17-2024, 01:31 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Took the student angler club up Friday. Ice all off. A few yaks crusing and a fair number of bank tanglers. Had pretty good luck in a couple hrs in the evening.  Picked up a mix bag of cuts, bows and splake. Jigs and a worm. Bling in silver and gold. And worm. Again no bites on powerbait. Had a good snowball fight and watched a hook set that would have set a barb into a wooly mammoth tusk.

Really fun short video

Wow, the difference a few days can make on the ice off. That's a nice cutty, any idea how long it was?
That was fun video and a fun time for your club. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Too bad you aren't closer to UL. I'd love to take them out after cats when the water warms a bit more.
(04-17-2024, 12:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 01:31 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Took the student angler club up Friday. Ice all off. A few yaks crusing and a fair number of bank tanglers. Had pretty good luck in a couple hrs in the evening.  Picked up a mix bag of cuts, bows and splake. Jigs and a worm. Bling in silver and gold. And worm. Again no bites on powerbait. Had a good snowball fight and watched a hook set that would have set a barb into a wooly mammoth tusk.

Really fun short video

Wow, the difference a few days can make on the ice off. That's a nice cutty, any idea how long it was?

He was to worried about getting it back in the water to measure it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lance, you will be blessed for taking these young men out fishing; but, maybe not in this life. Were they already experienced anglers before joining the fishing club?
(04-17-2024, 07:02 PM)Kent Wrote: Lance, you will be blessed for taking these young men out fishing; but, maybe not in this life.  Were they already experienced anglers before joining the fishing club?

Mixed bag. 10 of them have a fair level of experience. The other 15 range from never baited a hook to been a few time. I sure enjoy taking them out

(04-17-2024, 01:39 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: That was fun video and a fun time for your club. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Too bad you aren't closer to UL. I'd love to take them out after cats when the water warms a bit more.

I have had a couple members offer to take them at Willard. Insurance on the club is a bit odd when a boat is involved but I am trying to figure out how we could do it so they can experience a fligging run.