Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The report we have never had
Ok- truth is i really don't know if we have ever had a report for Locomotive Springs, but you all are about to get one...

Cookie, Buckwheat, the Wookie and I went to to high desert country a few days back. We started by driving over to the spiral jetty on the shores of the Great Salt Lake. If you have never been there is it spiral rock art built in the 1970s. Since the GSL levels have been decreasing in 2002 it is high and dry these days and slowly getting covered by wind blown sand. Better go look soon Wink

I have some drone footage of it in the video

Then onwards to Locomotive Springs. I have never been there before so had no idea what to expect. It is not the most picturesque  location i have ever fished. Lots of RVs with off road units having fun but they never bothered us. The Springs seemed low but I don't have a reference to compare. But, in the deeper holes there were lots of smaller rainbows willing to play. Cookie just rigged a simple bobber and bait rig so her and Buckwheat could stay above the moss. They tore em up. Great spot to run over with a pack of kids that donr care about size but just want to catch fish.

Lots of minnows. I expect they might have been chubs if you need bait.

Video in the link.

Enjoy 

https://youtu.be/hm37zP4ZtT4

[Image: 20240413-144612.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Enjoyed your video & outing. The one & only time I ever went to Locomotive Springs was in 77' going after some golden trout.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Another great video and report Lance. I've been to the spiral jetty before, many years ago. In high water years you can't see it but when I was there, it was clearly visible.
My trip to the Spiral Jetty was a long time ago in higher water with only the rocks sticking out.
Also hit Locomotive Springs same year and springs were deep but I don’t remember if fishing was good or not. Hit a lot of fishing holes that trip.