Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Day
Hit Willard today water temp 53°.  Found 3 willing Walleye. Missed another one as it decided to self release.  All fish still swimming as I didn’t feel like cleaning fish.  Fished 20-21 FOW out in the middle of bay.  Used flicker minnow #5&7 hot tail perch and hot tail fire tiger.  One ounce weight clipped on 6’ up from lure 81-90 feet back.  Speed 1.7-1.8.

Was letting line out and had this one hit as we were just starting into the troll

[Image: IMG-1116.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1120.jpg]

And da baby Wally

[Image: IMG-1124.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1129.jpg]

Overall nice day got nippy when the breeze started.

Tight Lines!!
Nice detailed report and pics Kim, thanks for sharing with us. Good to hear the bite on cranks has finally begun.
Excellent!  Earl & I hit Rockport today and the fish won.  We caught zero fish.  But my boat checked out just fine and the newly installed trim tabs are wonderful for eliminating the bounce and leveling out the side-to-side list based on weight distribution.  Willard will be my next stop and soon.  ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Nicely done..tks for the positive report...do you think these walleyes are still pre-spawn?
(04-19-2024, 03:59 AM)dubob Wrote: Excellent!  Earl & I hit Rockport today and the fish won.  We caught zero fish.  But my boat checked out just fine and the newly installed trim tabs are wonderful for eliminating the bounce and leveling out the side-to-side list based on weight distribution.  Willard will be my next stop and soon.  ?

Bob, which brand trim tabs? My boat came with Lenco Tabs and work great. It really makes a difference with eliminating the porpoise ride, I like the leveling of the boat too, its a must when my weight causes some listing to one side. The kicker is mounted on port side helps offset my weight a little. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-19-2024, 12:44 PM)Bduck Wrote: Bob, which brand trim tabs? My boat came with Lenco Tabs and work great.
Mine are Lenco as well - Part # 622-15103104 (https://www.marineengine.com/boat-access.../15103-104).
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Kim, Thanks for the report, glad to hear they're taking the lures, that's more fun to me than bottom bouncing... Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!