Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSL Mantua Story
Want to get pissed off?  Check out the story about how great the algae fix was at Mantua... Not a mention that it killed all the fish...  I tried to comment but KSL wouldn't accept my comment telling them this was not a good thing to be promoting... Maybe you should try to express your thoughts with less emotion than I did so they see the truth... Sorry this one really didn't sit well with me... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
The KSL moderators are a joke. They will only allow your comment to go through if it fits their thinking on the matter. I’ve almost stopped trying to comment. Nothing more infuriating than to spend the time to write out a well thought out comment to only have them nix it.

Let’s see if they post my comment Jeff. It only had a 4% chance of rejection and simply stated that they needed to present both sides of the issue (reduced algae vs. fish kill to get there). Stay tuned.
Yes sir I totally agree with you, KSL is a total joke for news, they want to spin things the way they want them presented... I knew the national news was terrible that way, but I thought local would have more sense... Not so much unless you like the company view... Sad day were living in now days.... Or has it always been this way with media directing the thoughts of the public, but we just didn't have a way of knowing any different before the internet... Anyway I seen your comments made it in there and a few others pointing out the truth. Probably won't make any difference, but at least I feel a little better... Thanks all for taking the time to put some truth in their pudding... Later J
They published my comment, but I was careful to blow some smoke about how lovely a spot it was and how I have loved it since a child so that my following comments about the fish kill would get published.
Shame what happened, even more of a shame that KSL wrote this piece the way they did.  Maybe we should contact Adam Eakle asking for a real update, with the truth.  With a copy to Sportsmans, Fish Tech, Smith & Edwards, Steadman's and their other advertisers.
We also need to let the DWR know that we know this article was a sham to cover for the killing of the lake by the "tool". (I often use the word "Tool" in a different way...
Scott, I saw your comment on mine.
I didn't know that was you before, but that was a well crafted reply... I came off guns blazing and they rejected my reply and they only give you one attempt to reply per article so I couldn't redraft my words to avoid the editor... Oh well, I'm glad you guys got something in there and it would be good to put a bug in their sponsors ears, then maybe they would tell the full story... Anyway I learned to be less trusting of what I'm reading... Later J
(04-24-2024, 01:52 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I didn't know that was you before, but that was a well crafted reply... I came off guns blazing and they rejected my reply and they only give you one attempt to reply per article so I couldn't redraft my words to avoid the editor... Oh well, I'm glad you guys got something in there and it would be good to put a bug in their sponsors ears, then maybe they would tell the full story... Anyway I learned to be less trusting of what I'm reading... Later J

KSL, the only place a 96% chance of being accepted, gets you rejected...
I have learned to start off sweet and make lots of compliments. Then I can usually get my point in and get it published.
(04-24-2024, 01:52 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I didn't know that was you before, but that was a well crafted reply... I came off guns blazing and they rejected my reply and they only give you one attempt to reply per article so I couldn't redraft my words to avoid the editor... Oh well, I'm glad you guys got something in there and it would be good to put a bug in their sponsors ears, then maybe they would tell the full story... Anyway I learned to be less trusting of what I'm reading... Later J

If you're like me I only use KSL to browse stories for fun and when I find a good one I head straight for the comments. It's funny to read all the stupid comments.  Good to make you laugh if you are having a bad day.