Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry report 3/6/04
We got there around 0930 and started fishing around 1000. The ice was thick, about 2 1/2 to 3 ft, we almost went up to the bottom of the motor drilling. It was very windy and snowy with the snow, on the lake, being about 1 ft deep. When we first got there I had a couple of fish on that I lost, so no fish on the ice. Both Pontoon fool and I had some more bites but we were unable to capitalize on them. Tim said I may have hooked into a couple of Kokanee and that is why I lost them with their soft mouths.

Next time I think I will start fly fishing the rivers, any suggestions on what to use and where to go? Thanks,
[signature]
Dan, I measured my auger when I got home and I'd say the ice was 36 in. thick.
[signature]
the lower provo in the canyon has been producing very good fish. you should probably use midge patterns and sow bugs. around 2 in the after noon is when the midges work the best.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. What is the slush condition? On tuesday there was about 6 inches of slush under 15 inches of snow. Has it frozen yet or is it still there???? Thanks, I'm heading up tuesday and want to be prepared.
Bigcat
[signature]
hi bigcat myself and fishcrazy will be ther tuesday also probably about 9AM if you have a radio give me a call on channel 12 and i'll let you know who its going
[signature]
if your up for some flyfishing fun the whitefish on the weber river between echo and wanship cant pass up a prince nyph below a indicator and there real scrappy fish going up to 3 pounds or so also put a pheasant tail on and get some browns along the way. last time i was up there i caught over 20 whitefish in a half days fishing.
Big Jim
[signature]
Under the snow it was slushy, got worst as the day warmed up so I would recommend treated or rubber boots.
[signature]
The slush back at Renegade was 12 to 15 inches deep. We rode back in on sleds Saturday morning and knocked em dead. We caught 34 between two of us. 16 feet of water right off the boat ramp. All in the slot limit except for two that went about five pounds each and 24 inches. It was fast and furious when we first got there. We had 10 fish on the ice in the first half hour. We had a couple break off and lost a couple at the hole as well. Green crickets and white crickets tipped with meal worm caught fish all day long.
[signature]
DJR and Crestliner - Thanks for the slush update. Sounds wet and sloppy. I think I'll just wear my waders and that way who cares how much slush there is. I'll post a report tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Aquaman - I will try giving a shout out on channel 12 in the morning. What part of the lake are you heading to?

Bigcat
[signature]