Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Unexpected Catch
Well...as we all know fishing takes patience and time and effort.On Friday (Last Friday from this date)I was fishing all day I have my backyard canal to fish which is not very wind but it`s a decently Long.So anyway's I was trying to catch a Bass that I have been trying to catch doing everything Worms,Lures, and plastics heck I even tried just a naked hook.

Nothing...after a while I finally got fed up with trying to snag it so I switched to my lure which is a mediocre size Rapala.First cast of the lure and I reeled it towards where the fish had been where it was obviously guarding its territory jig it have it jump and finally it all pays...I do not keep my eyes off the lure except to wipe the sweat off my forehead.The water is like glass nothing no ripples when I see the splash in front of me and my lure gone.

I had jumped in the air but had to come back down to realize I still had to bring it in....tucking and letting loose I haven't even see the fish I knew how big it was because of all the snagging and catching I was trying to do to it which I thought was that fish...until I saw really jump in the air I see its full 4 feet size but it evens out with its big 12 lb body I thought to myself that my line was going to break.

I kept reeling in the fish then letting go to kind of tire it out but I then saw it go right to its hole where it went through and my line was one place and since the fish went through it he was in a completely different direction so finally I kept tugging at my line thinking I might have a chance so I felt my line coming back to me... backing up I reeling in my line and the line got louse and the water was settling down finally...I had a full glimpse.

I saw it come up which scared me at first ....I looked at it I saw it on its back I thought it was dead.I dropped my pole and griped my line hoping my lure knot would hold finally the fish was out of the water Its gills were moving I was relived I had no killed a fish like this.

I saw my lure in its huge mouth which both hooks where in each side of the mouth going sideways.I brought the fish in all the way up shore and got my camera and took a snapshot of "The Unexpected Catch" it was a real heart rusher but it was worth it.[Tongue][Wink]
Good Story, what kind of fish was it?
[signature]
Large mouth bass, most cool! I will be looking for the picture! Great story!
[signature]
Nice story. I'd like to see the pics of this fish.
[signature]
read your post on the fishing tackle and tips board where you were inquiring how to catch that big bass glad to se it all came together for you and you got her
[signature]
ahhhh so i see said the blind man to the deaf man LOL so it worked out better then you thought
[signature]
Well i finally go the pic of "The FIsh" now it might not be the biggest to you guys but belive me its GOOD ENOUGH for me...its the biggest I have caught so far and i am proud of this fish here ya go-
Nice fish! Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.[Wink]
[signature]