Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Ray Roberts guide report
Roberts is doing very well this year so far. Went Saturday, and saw some beds in some areas, and staging fish in others. I try to let the bed fish do their thing, but I will watch them for a time, to see if the females are up. The only fish I saw on beds Saturday were males. I managed to catch 8 fish up to 9.3, on spinner-baits and jig-n-pig. Water temps get warmer as you go north, from 55 to 60 depending on where you are. I am using the spinner bait over the millfoyal that has not yet turned green, and the jig whereever I think there might be a staging fish. (I.e. first cover or ledge off a flat, next to deep water) I did not have my camera for a picture of the 9.3 but a guy fishing out of a Cajun boat was kind enough to take pictures for me and is going to e-mail them to me. When he does they will be on my web site. She was not even ready yet but was in very good shape at over 23" long.

I do apologies to those of you who went to Bass Pro Shops Spring Fling looking for Jimmy Martin’s new map, there was some kind of snafu and they did not get in the show. Right now you can go to " The Dam Store" on the west end of the dam at Ray Roberts and they have a good supply on hand.

Till next time

Good fishing and

GOD BLESS

"Puddle's Fishing"
Pat Wilshire
7 Merry Ct. West
Burleson, TX. 76028
hm 817-563-6674
cell 817-729-6051
[signature]