Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF YOU COULD BUILD A DIGITAL WATCH FROM THE GROUND UP WHAT FEATURES WOULD YOU WANT?

Is there a need for a digital watch for sportsman? I've used the humminbird 'fishfinder' and found it to drain the battery in minutes. I have a Timex HLX watch and I use the barometer to trend weather, the compass is useful, but what about sunrise/set, moonphase, tidephase, etc? essentially, what features would you like to see in a digital watch?
Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards.

I would really like the tide phases more than anything. Moon phase would be a good reference as well. I do particularly like the barometer feature. That in itself can make the difference on the bite at times.
[signature]

Welcome clearyvt,

Welcome to BFT and our message boards.

I would like to be able to have:

1) GPS receiver built into a 'cheap' digital wristwatch that continually gives out present position only. (they have expensive ones now I believe)

2) Again.... a 'cheap' wristwatch that had the tide tables for say 5 years for your specific area. And.. programmed to beep or flash when optimum fishing time (that you can set)is nearing.(Example: California- Oceanside)

JapanRon
[signature]
I HAVE A CASIO THAT HAS A MOON PHASE CALCULATOR BUILT IN, IT UPDATES AT MIDNIGHT EVERY NIGHT, IT WAS LIKE 40 BUCKS....IT WOULD ALSO BE NICE TO HAVE A WATCH WITH A FISH FINDER IN IT.....THE GPS LOCATION ONLY OPTION WOULD BE NICE ESPECIALLY IF YOU GOT LOST AND HAD A CELL PHONE, YOU COULD SHOUT OUT YOUR LOCATION.

LATERS,
[signature]
Welcome to the BFT boards Clearyvt. What would I want, just a watch that kept the correct time continuously, changed the hour automatically for daylight savings time and could go anywhere you went. I.E. jumping from a plane, diviving from a boat, daytripping up to the top of Mount Everest. And the best feature of all would be to be able to have it come up with a really good excuse to tell your wife when you have been out fishing too long![Wink]
[signature]
A fish finder and GPS..
[signature]
[cool]
[signature]
the casio fishing watch,has the moon/age phase,which you can set for your area and set the alarm to go off at peak hours,also has sunrise/sunset.the older modle had high/low tide on the front face,i dont know why they did away with that,i miss that one feature.as far a gps.most new cell phone have that feature,fish finder,i allready have that on all my boats,float tube,along with the sidewinder.
[signature]
For me, all it has to do is tell time. And even then, I'm not convinced I need that. When the fishing is hot, it doesn't matter what time it is.

Simplify, simplify, simplify.

lurechucker
[signature]