Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banana River Report
If you can find a place to hide from the wind, fishing has been much better this past week. redfish have been schooling on the west side of the river in good numbers. The only problem is the wind. There is hope though. This weekend the winds are suppose to die down and a low pressure system is coming in. This should make for some great flats fishing. This week all of our reds were in the 18 to 34 inch range and caught on top water. All of the reds I saw were in 2 feet or less and on the move. <br>Trout fishing continues to be a sure thing in the Cocoa Beach area. We have found groups of schoolies ( 10 to 18 inches) holding on the outer edge of the flats in 3 to 6 feet of water. Most of these fish have been caught on MirrOlure's 51MR-808 and the TT-28 and 21 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front. I haven't seen any larger trout on my flats yet, but they should be here any day. When they do show up your best shot will come prior to sun rise with ether MirrOlure's Top Pup 74MR-21 and Top Dog 94MR-21 & 81 or one of Cotee's Reel Magic. <br>Now the good news, THE TARPON ARE HERE. Most of these fish have been under 20 lbs. However, if you have never experienced the thrill of hooking one of these fish you don't know what you are missing. Our best catches this past week came by working a Cotee yellow and red grub slowly along the bottom. When fishing the tarpon this way seldom will you feel a strike. They just grab your grub and head for the surface. <br>For those of you just wanting to feel a tight line, the jacks are in the river in good numbers. The ladyfish (poor mans tarpon) are getting bigger every day and are willing to pull a line.<br>Spring is here and the fishing is getting better every day. So grab your rods and reels and get out and catch a memory.<br>For those of you that have been asking me where you can buy the Reel Magics try this web site http://www.donraystudio.com/fishinglures.htm John has just started selling these lures and will be happy to hook you up. Don Ray has a new snook print! http://www.donraystudio.com/<br>This week all of our fish we caught where on:  <br>MirrOlure's Top Pup 74MR-21 and Top Dog 94MR-21 & 81 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>MirrOlure's Catch 2000 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>Cotee 3" Swirl Tails Clear silver flake<br>Cotee's Reel Magic<br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470