Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maryland Stops Supplying Fish For Youth 'Fishing Rodeos'
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]CUMBERLAND, MD—The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) says it will stop raising fish for youth-oriented "fishing rodeos" after this year. Officials say the move will save $15,000 to $20,000 annually. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]Fishery managers cited a shrinking agency budget, partly due to declining sales of inland fishing licenses for the change.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Economic dispare has been the times been of late....

For many states. and Sadder yet is that when the economy picks back up the program will still be lost because he program is closed insted of just cutting back.

we can only hope that the next officer of the day has enough fore site to bring back the proram should the econimy ever climb back out of this depression.
[signature]
I wished that the govt would understand who these youth are that they are cutting off. They don't realize that one day they will be of legal voting age and vote them right out of office.
[signature]
You know our grandfathers spent years and untold amounts of money trying to get their kids on and in the lakes and streams of America. I remember the advertisements of the 60's paid for by concerned citizens about saving parks from developers and investors and aggressive politicians.

Sad to think that in such short amount of time all this has been forgotten or pushed aside and hidden from the public eye.... We need our parks streams and lakes wilderness and wild life and it needs to be managed now since we have disrupted the natural balance.

[signature]
I am happy to do my my part by teaching my son about fishing. He will then have a hobby and skill to pass on to his kids.
[signature]
You ever thought about using a kids fishing durby as bait to get kids to a fire safty program?

every once in a while I get the local fire departmant to come by one of my events with the fire truck. the kids have a blast and learn something in the prossess....
[signature]
We do a couple of events during the year. Some with the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H and with the special citizens groups. (MS, Cancer, Burn Victims as well as the Mentally Challenged)

Some are fishing related but most of them are not. We usually get the invite from them and work it into our schedule.
[signature]
we do that here too, our on duty firemen are on call so if something comes up they take off from right where they are. our department is 90% volunteer so there is no reason that the engine need be at the station.

this is both good and bad. (bad in that there are not a great number of alert available personel available at a given monent, good that in many cases the volunteers reach the call area before the engines get there.) at this point in time I dont complain about the fire protection here. I comend their efforts and services, and it would not work with out the volunteers...

I am happy to hear you do present your selves to the derby sites. it provides them a much neaded resource of qualified medical and emergency tequnitions.

My nose is off to ya....
[signature]
Thanks so much. We do our best to be of service to the public whether is be for emergency or non emergency services. That is what our tax dollars are paying for. Service.
[signature]