Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Bass Capital of ND' Fishing Report
03-21-04

Well me and a buddy headed out to Lake Nelson today. There was a medium sized colony right on the discharge. There was about 5 boats out on the lake. The weather was perfect for fishing, there was only a slight breeze and it was about 40 degrees. One my very first cast I caught a nice 2 1/2 pound bass on a spinnerbait. And you know when you catch a fish on the first cast it's going to be a good day fishing[Wink]. I didn't get anymore bites on a spinnerbait so I switched to a rattletrap. I then caught 3 good sized croppies to my surprise. I didnt get anymore bites in that spot so I moved. I then found the jackpot when I moved. I caught 21[cool] largemouth bass in the next 2 hours. They were all gathered on a rocky point. 3 of them came on a spinnerbait and the rest I caught on a rattletrap. They were all 1-3 pounds.

So it was a great day of fishing.

I took some pictures, but I used a disposable camera sence I dont have a digital, so we will have to wait untill I get them developed.

Until next time. Good luck fishing!
[signature]
hey bassmaster

i tried gettin out there this weekend. just didnt get to it. im hopin to go up next week. or thats wats is planned so far. hey where were u fishin at? and wheres that rocky point?

hey i look forward to seein those picture. I'm geting those pics developed from when we were out there and when i caught that hawg Wink

did u try any plastics?
[signature]