Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing Story
I used to Live in Panama City Beach FL and went shark fishing every weekend. Normally there would be a lot of asians on the pier where we would fish and they were very helpful and bring our catch over the side of the pier if they could have the fins. That arrangement worked out well most of the time until you had someone who was a little too eager to help. That happened one night with me and here is the story:

I had hooked a good sized shark and it took me about a half an hour to bring it to the pier. I passed the head noose over the side and around its head and started pulling it up, yet it was too heavy for just me and the people on the pier started helping out. One man who was about 4'5" got right up front and started pulling as hard as he could. We told him he was too close and the shark would land on him once it came over the hand rail but he did not listen. Sure enough, with a good tug the shark came up and over the hand rail and landed squarely on this mans chest knocking him to the deck. With some quick work from others they dragged him away, from the shark, before anything was injured, except for his pride. This man was slimy and dirty from rolling on the deck that I felt sorry for him and gave him the entire shark. He was overjoyed and him and his family prepared it and took it off of the pier in less than an hour. I felt good because I think I fed his family for at least a couple of weeks.

That is my story and I am sticking to it!
[signature]
its strange when people see a shark they just have to get close for a good look never thinking about the mouth full of sharp teeth when i was a deckhand on a sportboat and someone got a shark to the boat we did one of two things a non edible shark we would cut right off no way would we bring a shark on board the middle of 40-60 people wanting to get a "closer look" but if it was edible we would gaff it in the tail area and the head lean over and cut the head off and drop it back in the water then bring the body over never in the 7 years i worked on boat did we have a shark bite thank god !!
[signature]
WoW Daniel, that is one heck of a story! whew!
[signature]
thats somethin bud! hey what kind of shark was it?? my son cliff lived down there fer a year and a half alomost, said he use to fish fer stingrays too. do you guys?? that was good ya give em the shark especially when he fed his family, cool good dude! i fished the ocean on one of those party boats before and caught a big mackeral. he almost wont he pool haha but somebody else caught somethin else just before we left. well good storty bud, later[Smile]
[signature]