Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fishin', My Friend, is Blowin' in the Wind: Naples, FL Fishbuster Dave
[cool][font "Arial"][size 2]After canceling offshore trips Monday and Tuesday, due to rough seas, I fished Estero Bay, down toward Wiggins Pass Wednesday, with the Bob Fietkiewicz party. The wind howled all day, making it tough on us, to even hold anchor, but we caught about fifteen sheepshead, three of which were keepers, and also released jack cravalle.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the winds continued to howl, and the seas were 4-6 feet—Not very appealing fishing conditions—So, it was Sunday before I got offshore again, with the Adam Prentki party. We fished in 50 feet off Naples Beach, with live shrimp, and caught sixteen mangrove snapper to 14 inches, Spanish mackerel to 22 inches, as well as some good-sized grunts, porkfish, triggerfish, and whitebone porgies. Although we released lots of blue runners, the prized fodder for kingfish, we did not see any king mackerel.[/size][/font]

The photo below is of young angler, Mitchell, with catches of sheepshead and mangrove snapper. For full info and fish photo-album, please visit [url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][#0000ff]www.fishbustercharters.com[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]