Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bass Waters
This is from Field and Stream

California
State record: 21 pounds 12 ounces, Michael Arujo, 3/5/91, Castaic Lake
Best water: Sacramento Delta. “If you’re talking about the best chance for catching something over 10 or 15 pounds, the Delta is it because this is a dynamic system that just keeps producing more big bass than anywhere else.”
—Walt Beer, associate fisheries biologist, California Department of Fish and Game

Sleeper: Diamond Valley Lake. “This is a new reservoir in the southern part of the state using Colorado River water. It was stocked with forage and Florida bass, and our tests showed the growth rate has been phenomenal. And it just opened to fishing in October of 2003.”
Contact: Diamond Valley Lake, 800-590-5253; or Mike Guisti, CDFG biologist, 909-926-7561
[signature]
no, no, no...that's just a rumor...the delta record is only 10lbs [angelic] you guys can stay down in so cal...
[signature]
I'm with you Kid. I lived in Sacramento and we fished the delta quite a few times. It is good for stripers but the better LMB is in SoCal. Castaic Lake happens to be my stomping grounds. There are even some good size stripers in the upper lake.

They even have an over 50lb club. I havn't hit that mark yet, but then again, I don't have a boat and they don't allow float tubes in the upper lake.

Just last week, someone pulled a 59lb from the upper lake. What a big striper that was. I would love to hook into one of those on my tube.
[signature]