Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opener
is anyone heading down for the opener of trout down at the huron in Milford?
I will be down there at 6:00 a.m. with a couple of buddies.
We have been going down there for the opener for the past 15 years.
[signature]
yep, I will be there. give me a hollar when you get there.
[signature]
i can't make it but i appreciate the invite [Smile] . i will have to settle for walking across the road [crazy] .
[signature]
you'll know where I will be. around the first corner down river from the fire pit.
[signature]
lol you will be there and gone with your limit before I know you are even there.[sly]

I will look for ya.. I will be there about 8 pm. just so long as we dont use a tent we can hang out all night. I look forward to this trip every year. Hope its a worm one this year....
[signature]
I am headed out to the detroit river and by the time you see this I will most likley already be on the river with half my limit of walleyes.

I will be back in time to give you a report as to how things went.

I am going out with the guy we were icefishing with on commerce lake.

here is his picture

tomarow afternoon I will post some detroit walleyes from out by Elisabeth park.
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3682;][/center]
[signature]
WELL THE OPENER HAS CAME AND GONE. A COUPLE OF HUNDERD PEOPLE SHOWED UP AT LEAST.
IT'S CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY BUT IT'S ALOT OF FUN ON THE FLY ROD. THE DNR DID A GOOD JOB ON ALL THE FISH THEY PUT IN AND THEY LOOK VERY BEAUTIFUL FOR FARM FISH LIVING IN A CEMENT POND. MANAGED TO HOOK UP AT LEAST 50 FISH.
[signature]
HOPE YOU DO GOOD. I RAN INTO A BUDDY DOWN AT THE RIVER YESTERDAY AND HE HAS BEEN CATCHING HIS LIMIT OF WALLEYE EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS DOWN AT THE MAUMEE RIVER.
[signature]
fred trost said it about right. walleye fishing down by the Detroit/trenton channel is slow and they are catching one now and then. there wre some nice ones caught today but nothing like what you pulled up last week.
[signature]
drifting the wall behind wyndotte chemical is a good spot for the eyes . the n.e, end of mud island by great lakes steel is another . but that trenton channel is the spot for the trophy fish . ya gotta be a pretty good boater to navigate the armada of fishing boats there . i can't even count all the near misses we had from the sunday sailors .

there's stergon in that channel this time of year , don't let your gig set on the bottom too long or your in for a good long battle , lol !
[signature]
I went out there wensday and to my surprize my hiding spot is gone. a big pile of rocks in its place.

saw plenty of trout. about 20 in the hole. scott pulled up a 20 incher and a half dozen others as well. I will post his pic's later. I hooked in to a couple didnt bring them in.

I see the poaching has started already. wax werm and salmon egg containers floating down the river.
[signature]
there has been 10,000 people down there since the 1st. tell me thats not crarzy. I wonder how many yahoo's had taken fish from the river already? I know what you mean, there was a guy fishing next to me the other day when I was down there he was throwing wax worms , minnows, leaf worms , and CORN.
By the time the real opener comes there will be no fish to be found. I wish they would clean up there mess before they leave too. As many people that shows up down there every day I wonder why there any more DNR officers on patrol. I have been down there three times and not even seen a officer checking anything,except giving parking tickets.
Well there 's my 2 cents
[signature]
hey guys , had the same problem in flatrock some years back , poaching !

depending on the availibility of a cell phone and the local police debt . poachers can be detained by a police officer untill a dnr officer arives . flat rock police were or used to be pretty good at doing this . it just depended on how quick the dnr responded .

somebody beat me to raking up some of the mess at the foote on tuesday . i'm not gonna complain thou , was pretty cool to see it done .
[signature]
Hey Stormy, how did you do?

I didnt see ya but I wasnt far from where you were, I sat on the dock at the fire pit and came up with these. I landed 3 and my nephew landed 2. These arent giants but I am happy with my take. I saw a lot of guys with only one trout half the size of my smallest one. Not to say the fishing was bad just the opisite. from what I herd no one was doing all that well.

in years past I would have seen guys coming and going all night long. last night I saw guys staying in their places till they got to cold or tired around 4 am. and every one all seemed to leave at the same time.

we left before my nephew picked up his third when a grand pappy showed up with his little girls. we emediatly packed up and let them have their spot.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4160;]

After all being said, It was a good day [cool]
[signature]
Good catch!!
I saw ya at the bait shop on the way out. I'm the one who beep at ya when you were walking in. I picked up my friend and he brought his boy and his boy brought a friend and we all caught are limit. It was after 2:30 a.m. before we got are limit. there was three nice rainbows and two nice size browns but the rest was average size. We went to Proud lake Sunday afternoon after some crippie but the wind was real bad. So we went up to the dam to see what was happening and there was about 15 guys tring to catch about 10 trout. We squeezed in with the rest of them and between the three of us we pulled out 7 nice rainbows and 2 good size browns in less then an hour. We managed to make everyone else mad and they all left since the 3 big rainbows that everyone was after were gone. MAGIC BAIT was the key. Everyone was throwing corn, waxworm, worms, flies, spinners but not us we had the magic bait. We did get some pictures and I'll post some later this week.
[signature]