Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New regs??
Will the new coming regs on engines effect all outbroad engines or merely the smaller one??
[signature]
WHAT ARE THESE NEW REGS? I JUST BOUGHT A USED 2 STROKE MOTOR, 1947 MODEL YEAR AND AM PLANNING ON RUNNING IT ON A BOAT WHEN I FIND ONE I CAN AFFORD....SO ARE THEY GONNA MAKE IT SO I CANT USE THE MOTOR I JUST GOT? PLEASE INFORM ME.

LATERS,
[signature]
From what I've read, the new regs only effect new motors at least for now. I'm not sure they can ever ban older motors, at least I hope not. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the info WH2. I wouldnt see a reason to restore G-pa's old boat if I'd have to slap a new engine on it just to puddle around the lake from time to time. Whats more, can you imagine the pile of aluminum there'd be if all older outboards had to go to the scrap pile. I simply dont see the American public standing by with their hands in their pocket for that. Although, it would probably drop the price of pop in cans,lol
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Boy i hope that those new regs are just for the newer motors . They don't just give those newer kickers away .[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
i hope they don't take away my 1967 evenruid. i hope the grandfather them like cars
[signature]
Hopefully they include some kind of certification on those older motor. They really need to crack down some what so were not polluting the water/air.
[signature]