Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When choosing a fishing club to join....
.... what criteria would you look for?

I'm lookin' at joining one but there's several different ones in this area. I'm trying to figure out which would be best for me.
[signature]
i'll bet if you contacted them they would let you set in on one of there meetings as a guest. that away you could get a feel of the atmosphere of the club. you would also meet the members to see if they are who you would want to fish and associate with. good luck and hope you find aclub you enjoy.
[signature]
So far I've looked at their websites and schedule of events. Two of the three I've looked at have events on Sunday's so I can attend. The last one I looked at has just about every event on Sunday. That's a big draw for me at this time.
[signature]
Be selective when looking for a fishing club. Here are some general guidelines.

4. Do they meet on a day that is good for you?

3. Do they meet somewhere that is convenient for you?

2. Do they have a website that you can also participate with inbetween meetings?

1. DO THEY ACTUALLY GET OUT AND FISH, OR DO THEY JUST SIT AROUND AND TALK ABOUT IT?

We have several of those here in SoCal that don't follow the #1 rule. They only talk about what they used to do or what they heard from Ed and Earls adventures.
[signature]
Thanks tubeN2! I've been contacted by 3 clubs so far. All of them have at least 5 contests during the summer. Two of them have the contests on the days that I can get out with them.
[signature]
Hello I belong to a club out here on the west coast. We encourage people to attend one of our meetings. We also offer the opportunity to fish with us on one of our charters. My advice to you is to actually attend meetings and fish with them. There are all different types of clubs, some are tournament driven others are friendship driven. You have to make the choice of what type of club you want to be involve with. Some are even politically driven! FISH WITH THEM! hang out and observe. I hope this helps you in your search.
www.kingfisheranglingclub.com
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Coincidentally I recently joined the Fly Fishers Club of Orange County. Met some members at a trade show earlier in the year who invited me to attend their meetings. Finally got around to attending two meeting. They meet at night and always have a guest speaker. The ones that I have seen /heard are pro guides and tiers. During the social hour the guest would be tying several of his specials which I found quite interesting. Later they have a great banquet followed by the guests presentation. The club has outtings, fly tying & casting instructions not only for members but also conducts youth trainly classes. There are many more activities that the club conducts but from what I saw ,felt that this group was okay for me.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]