Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fOOTE SITE FISHING REPORT
well it started off waking up to the sound of thunder and rain around 5 am . perfect weather for pushing the fish up , so i thought . i had to drive a little under the speed limit to see the road , even then i barley missed 6 deer along the way . my plans were to fish till noon and then head to oscoda for a meeting . that all changed after the first few fish i encountered and i lost all track of time . walleyes were the first to hit , and if it haden't been raining i would have rivaled stormys eye with a pic of a 39" male that fought like a king salmon . i thought the 20+" eyes were big but the rain had the big 30+" fish up top , definatly a blast to catch and a trip to see the spectators faces as you put them back in the river . the steelhead were still far and few inbetween , but they were huge ! the only one that i managed to land left the parking lot with an elderly gentelman that loved steelhead fishing , but was recovering from bypass surgery . looks like i'll have to go back again , i hope the fish will be there sometime this month . [signature]
[signature]
next week you can keep them... season open fryday night.... at least is doese down heare.

was that the walleye club meetin you were talking about?

how many are they planng on raising ths hear? (dont tell me where they are going to let them go)
[signature]
nope , bassass's (tom ) bass fishing club . the meeting was in oscoda at 1 pm . i still gotta get in touch with tom , i figure i'll stop by there wed. or thursday .

i was to be at home by 4 pm for my turn at taking care of the kids while fishingirl did some shopping .

at the dam i learned it was going on 5:30 , [pirate]ouch !

good thiing the wife understands that my fishing tends to distract me once in a while .[Smile]

by friday those eyes will be long gone and the suckers will fill the stream , thats ok thou , i have the lil' chief smoker ready for them .
[signature]
wow, our suckers are gone already.
[signature]
Visited the Bear River this morning on may way in. I really could have walked from one side to the other on the suckers that were there. What was really cool is that there were some browns mixed up in the fray and I'm thinking i saw steelies in there. Maybe I was just hallucinating from lack of coffee but Wow, what a river full.
[signature]
what have you got there, long nose, white, or redhorse suckers?
[signature]
is that the same bear river that was on michigan outdoors ? lots of bolders from the bridge down that you have to hop across without falling ?
it sure looks like a tough spot to fish , if it's the same one .
[signature]
I didn't see the show on Mi out of Doors but it sounds like the mouth of the Bear. I was upriver about 7 miles from the mouth. Visited again this morning and the numbers have dwindled but there are still plenty of fish there.
[signature]
Hey: I think most of these cruisers are long nose, though I'm not a sucker afficiando!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
it's 11:15 and i'm just getting in from the au sable .

the dnr has the lamprey traps up , the suckers are spawning bigtime , a couple walleye landed and released , and about four battles with only one black as cole steelhead landed and released , pretty red colors on his cheeks , but i figure he's been in the river too long , he needs to head home untill next year .[Smile]

man , i;m beat ! [unsure]

musta dodged a dosen deer on the way home , didn't there mommys tell them it's not safe to play in the road ?[crazy]
[signature]