Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new member
Hello everyone,

I too have been searching for a place like this since moving to Utah about four years ago. I've been reading this post now for a few weeks and i must say, it's by far the best. Prince-Fisher hit the nail on the head with what he said. Happy fishing and i look forward to leaving my own post when i return from the fishing holes.

Mark
[signature]
Welcome Mark. How about sharing with us what waters you like to fish, and in general, how you like to fish them?
[signature]
welcome Mark
hope you continue to enjoy the site and good luck fishing
[signature]
Nice to have you hear. Nice user name as well! The mighty Rooser Tail happens to be my most productive lure! Looking forward to your reports. Good luck on your next trip.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Mark. Where did you move from? I've been in Utah for just over 6 years. My company moved me down from Washington State. Chance are real good you can log on to what ever state you came from and find out what your buddies back home are doing. Al
[signature]
Moved from Alaska. Great fishing up there.

Mark
[signature]
Well, i was raised fishing small rivers, creeks, streams, etc.. in Colorado. We did some lake fishing, but not too much. Since i've been in Utah i've fished the Ogden River, Pineview, Willard, the Provo, and some others. I love to fish with a spinner (rooster tail is my favorite) or drifting a worm. Friends have tried to get me in to fly fishing, but i just don't care for it as much as spin fishing. My opinion of course, nothing wrong with the fly fishing. [Smile]

I want to get back up in to the Unitas this summer. I have a 5 year old that i want to get out in the mountains and see the country side while hopefully catch some fish. We've been to some of the ponds (Farmington and Kasville) but had little success. Any information on where to take a little one would be much appreciated.

Mark
[signature]
Interesting how your go-to lure is a Rooster tail; whereas, I have not had much luck with them. I have tried trolling them behind my boat and caught a few fish, but not many. Maybe I need to try them more often.
[signature]
Haven't trolled them much Ken. I like them in the rivers and streams. Throw them up stream and let them come on down with a retrieve just fast enough to make the spinner spin. Or throw them in a deep hole with the same type of retrieve. That's me, somebody else might have a better way to fish them. [Smile]

Mark
[signature]
welcome glad to see another river spin fisherman. I don't use th rooster tail just a spinner I grew up with. (killer moose) I dont do much anymore as my mind mostly only has musky on it. "note to self need to go hit the weber with spinner soon". nice to have here and look forward to your posts.
[signature]
Nice looking lures there moose [Smile] Could you send me a catalog to my email address? Where on the Weber do you like to fish? I've only fly fished it before, never spinner.

Mark
[signature]
Glad you decided to join us[Smile].. welcome aboard rooster-tail..
[signature]
WELCOME ABOARD MARK.. LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU..
[signature]
Hey Mark, I'm heading up to Alaska in the end of July to fish the Kenai. I'm looking to buy a rod and reel for the Reds, what do you reccomend. I would prefer a spinning combo, but I also want what is best. Thanks for any info.
[signature]
You will be fishing the second run of reds which are usually bigger than the first run. Where i fished the Kenai the current played a roll in determining what i used. I personally used an Abu Garcia AmbasSadeur 5501-C3 bait casting reel and at least a 7' med/heavy or heavy rod, i think some of mine were even 9'. Can't remember now i sold them before i left. But you are right, don't skimp on the quality of equipment you get. If you can afford the best, get it. I never could afford the best, but i got good name brand stuff that i knew would hold up. I know you don't want to go there with the cheap equipment. I personally watch a guy's reel smoke while fighting a big red. I couldn't believe it, it got so hot that it melted a majority of it. Needless to say he lost the fish. It's an experince like no other. Nothing against Utah, it has some awesome country and i love it here, but Alaska, man it's just amazing. You will see.

Good luck to you and let me know how you do. Also, take a good camera and take lots of pictures for us here on the post. [Smile]

Mark
[signature]