Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield4-25
Well i wasnt going to go fishing today.I went to the motorcross at rice eccles last night didnt get home til 100am so i was going to sleep in today.My daughter kept waking me up telling me i promised we would go to scofield today.She wanted to break her bad streak of not catching a fish.Well we got there at 1230 and the temp was nice not hot or cold exept when the wind blew.We didnt get a bite for an hour then i got a nice hit on achrome crocodile spoon!It was a good hit too about jerked the rod out of my hand unfurtanatley i lost the fish![pirate] Then we started getting small hits on worms probably small fish. Then i put a minnow on my sons rod and not 1 minute later wham he got nailed! He was too busy looking for crawfish with his sis so he lost the fish.This was about 230 or so.Then i put on another minnow and 5 minutes later wham another hit!Again he was busy looking for dads with his sis.At least they found 5 of them and big ones!Well i put my last minnow on and i made him hold his rod !I told him this was his last chance to catch a fish. So he put all his concentration on catching a fish and anyone who knows my son knows he is too hyper to stay still for any amount of time!Wel it wa maybe 3 minutes or so and wham!The rod jerked out of his hand and i grabbed it as it was going in the water!well after a couple of minutes he finally pulled it in he hit and fought pretty hard for a trout.We ended up with 1 fish and several nice bites today.When my wife gutted the rainbow trout she found a 3 inch minnow inside his belly!So thats what they are biting on right now that be my guess!Well me and my daughter are still in a slump!But at least we had fun![Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the report ocean. Those are some nice pics to. Nice to see such a Smile on the kids face! Good luck on your next trip.
[signature]
Nice report. Glad to see you had fun with the kids.[Smile]

FM
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, ocean, and those are cute kids. Can't wait to take my daughter fishin' in a few years. She's just 2 weeks old right now, so it's gonna be a while.

Were you guys fishin' the east side of the lake, or west side?
[signature]
nice fish glad to see your boy hook a nice fish. need to get your girl now because your boy is up a few on her now. It's so neat to see kid get fish.
[signature]
Those minnows you used. Were those the red shinrs to be had there?
[signature]
We were fishing off a point a/4 mile past the dam .That seemed to be the hot spot of the day.
[signature]
Yes i had 1 it was silver and a little red.
[signature]
Hey good to hear that you made it up there, that sucks that you are still in a slump though, next time you may want to try some of the other numerous lakes in the area. some of which have tiger trout
[signature]