Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING STORIES CONTEST
[RED][SIZE 4]FISHING STORIES CONTEST FOR A BFT BEANIE ! !

[BLUE][SIZE 1]ONE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN AND IS OPEN TO ALL REGISTERED MEMBERS OF BIG FISH TACKLE

THIS CONTEST IS SIMPLE POST A STORY ON THE FISHING STORIES BOARD BETWEEN THE DATES OF 5/1/04 - 5/31/04 FOR A CHANCE TO WIN YOU MAY POST AS MANY STORIES AS YOU LIKE PLEASE KEEP THESE PG

[RED][SIZE 2]THE CONTEST WILL BE JUDGED BY THE MODERATORS OF THIS BOARD

aquaman AND DanielJRioux

THEIR DECISION WILL BE FINAL

[BLUE]THIS CONTEST IS SPONSERED BY CHRIS CLEARWATER

BIG FISH TACKLE AND THEIR AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST
[signature]
Ice fishing:

[font "Eras Bold ITC"][size 5]After testing the ice thickness, and deeming it to be 5-6”, my eight-year-old son and I set up our shelter about thirty yards from the mouth of a river. After an hour with some success, I decided to get a breath of fresh air. Before I left I told Eric that if he really wanted to see the underwater world, he should lay down by the hole, cup his hands around his eyes and amazing sights would almost magically appear.[/size][/font]

I was outside no more than two minutes when I heard shouting and suddenly saw my canvas shelter, now with a new door being formed, go tumbling down the ice with a tiny form rolling and bellowing inside. The cause of this disruption, a river otter, inquisitive as to who was watching him, came to investigate much to the horror of my young son’s eyes.
[signature]
Good story, I hope your son is ok now. He did get to see the underwater world!
[signature]
[Wink] hahahaha cute story!!! something from Walt Disney!
[signature]
Walt disany ? i was thinking more like FIELD & SCREAM.....LMAO
[signature]
[size 1]This was pretty funny at the time it happened. Me and my wife , son and Mother thought we would go do a little cat-fishin one evening under the far side BB comer bridge in Scottsboro,Al. We all got settled in planning to stay pretty late, we'd been there a hour or so before we caught the first cat, decent size, keepable anyway. The miilfo was pretty bad so you had to be careful not to lose your catch. I wasn't doing to good, just drowning a little chicken-liver. It was getting close to sundown so I started getting the laterns out and getting them ready to light, when my wife started hollering and doing that little Indian dance :-), her poll was bent like she had a monster on there. So being the man on the scene,lol, I went to the rescue, I knew she might lose it in the milfo so I grabbed her rod jumped on the rock she was sitting on an reeled like crazy. It was huge by the feel of it. I got him on top of the milfo and kinda dragged him across it, the way I pulled it ,it lodged part way under a rock. couldn't see it good for it was getting dark, my wife grabbed a latern,son right behind her with net in hand. The light from that latern hit it, never seen a mess of teeth in my life on a fish. Just as my wife come around me to see how big her cat was. It opened its mouth and that big ole snout, she seen them teeth, and how big it was, she went to backstroking, not thinking about our son behind her, she fell backwards and fell on him which in turn freaked him out, cause he didn't know what the heck was going on, I was right in the middle of them trying to help her up off him, all my Mom could do was laugh and said she wished she had a camcorder. Wife thought she had caught a alligator and was trying to get the heck out of Dodge. You had to be there to see this 3 stooges act. But it was the biggest alligator gar I had ever seen, it was right at 4and a half feet long. My son was alright,I think the wife wet herself, don't tell her I said that :-) and my Mom still talks about it. [/size]
[signature]
That was a good story, too bad you did not have a camcorder so you could post some of the pictures with the story![Wink]
[signature]
I didn't post my story in this thread...

I just made a new post, is that ok. Bass or Turtle was the story
[signature]
that fine just anywhere on the board works
[signature]
Good Story
[signature]
you fish like i do....with beer so if you don't catch any fish you at least catch a buzz LMAO
[signature]
MY ENCHANTED BROOK

there was a time in my life, when life was simple and free,

when life was young, and it felt,that this was, the only life fer me.

i rode my painted pony, bombfire peggy jo, took laddie john. a bordercollie shephard mix,

the sleepin bag, my .22 rifle and fishin pole.

wind blowin against our face, bombfire runnin hard and strong,

to the beat of her hooves, she was singin a song,

for she, i and laddie john, and

all of us can,t wait, to git to our special place.

there,s a little pasture down over a bank, tall pines, 'ol maple tree 'n my 'ol brook, a peace and serenity, that just won,t quit,

i take bomb's Saddle and bridle off, she kicks up her heels from the spirit of freedom she feels, i Smile, fer i feel it too,

laddie grabbed the sleepin bag, and i grabbed the pole,

and down to the brook we,d .go, stayin there fishin, till night would unfold.

laddie and i had the fish i caught, bomb was happy right where she was at, and

the red tail hawk that was soarin above, was tellin bombfire to scare, a treat

out fer her,

i start the campfire, fight with laddie john fer the sleepin bag, use the Saddle fer a piller,

and settle down fer the night. the stars are shinin so everlastin and bright,

i,m thinkin of all the cowboys and indians who did this,same, only before,

so i hold onto these nights, to the three of us, for i,ve learned in my life,

just what to treasure.

the bear on the mountain callin to a mate, the rustlin of the bushes, when the deer go out to the field, and bombfire whinners,

the coon chatterin his song to another in the tree, tellin him it is only me.

the hawks outline, alongside the brook, he,s eatin the scraps i left, as so many times before.

so this is my story, a story, embeded deep within my heart mind and soul,

just a life with three painted ponies, dogs, and my fishin hole,

and the enchanted brook, on the old brook road.

[signature]
Good Story PATCHES, I wish life was that simple now!
[signature]
[Smile][Wink]thanks, hahaha yessa, tell us about it! huh??? hahahaha i,m still goin fishin and huntin! hahaha you too! later
[signature]