Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Ray Roberts guide report
Sorry this is late but with Mothers day, I had things to do yesterday and did not get this out. Went out Saturday and found a lot of fish, but only up to 4lbs. Had most of them early but did boat fish till about 2pm. Most of them came on buzz baits and spinner baits, in chartreuse/white. I am doing the same thing I did this time last year, and going after fish no one else is willing to go after, by that I mean I am fishing the dingier water, and father back in the major creeks than most. Saturday I was the only boat in the area for most of the morning. The water is off colored, and 70 to 75 on the temp. I did catch fish in the clearer water in other parts of the lake on flukes around the grass, but the bite was slower, and more difficult to feel with the wind.

This time of year you will find fish in every stage of their cycle, pre-spawn, spawn, post-spawn, and major feed. It will depend on what part of the lake you are on, and the structure you are fishing. If you are looking to catch numbers, then target areas that you expect the spawn to be well over, if you want bigger fish, but less bites, then target areas that you can find pre-spawn fish as they will still have most of their egg weight. I normally do find spawning fish on this lake in to June, and some times July. This lake normally has the spawn move from North to South. By that I mean, the fish in the far upper ends of the lake go first and it seems to move down from there. If you look closely at the grass in Indian, you will see lots of VERY small fry, which should give you a clue.

Till Next Time

Good Fishing and

GOD BLESS.

www.puddlesfish.com
817-563-6674 hm
817-729-6051 cell