Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outing tip....
Since it seems alot of you have been vicously attacked by the flying blood suckers commonly called mosquitos lately. I offer this tip, for what its worth. make sure if you go out with a partner, they do it too..or they wont be able to stand the ride to, around, and home with you.

The night before I go out on any fishing, camping, hiking...whatever I eat two count em...TWO FRESH CLOVES OF GARLIC RAW AND UNCENSORED. It will keep critters away..as the garlic comes out of the pores of your skin and naturally burns the bugs. It also lets anyone down wind of you know exactly where you are..and they will run, dogs dont seem to mind...but they tend to rub up on your legs more..other critters just give you a wide burth.

If you go on a multi-day outing...take some extra garlic with you...after teh inital "shock treatment" I like to maintian my stench with a steady supply of garlic clove stuffed green olives. that s the good stuff right there. mm mm mm . Try it out...but if you are a fish kisser like Bill Dance, expect them fish to give you a peeee yeeew bitter beer face after you put the pucker to em!!!

Garlic is a vegetable so you dont have to eat em at dinner too...specially them green veggies. yuk.

Laters, Bon Appetit'
[signature]
Maybe its a good tip but I think I'll just eat a quart of my really garlicy salsa then let the little beasties try and feast on me! Not only will they geta snoot full of garlic but will be sizzled by the hot salsa! Its a boomerange effect that benefits your bod!
[signature]
think i'll just stick with the deet

but FFM's salsa that will have to try some day
[signature]
Got plenty left over from last year and the garden is gearing up for another round of fabulous salsa again this year!
[signature]
I may need to get a container of that from you...do you sell it? garlic salsa please...heavy on the garlic...
[signature]
thanks for the idea. i will give it a try the next time i go out
I think I've got enough to sell a little, but you have to try some first! What kind do you like? Tomatillo, zuchinni, green chilli, kitchen sink, red zuchinni, tomatillo zuchinni, pumpkin it goes on and on. We'll have to get together for a salsa bash. A little dipping & story telling.
[signature]
Oh Man!! I think I'll just stick with dipping my head in a bucket of deet droppings,, opps,, I mean dripping. [Wink]

Seriously tho', I'd think that might work just as well at keepin other critters at a distance like, Pats pesty rafters, a Moose on the side hit, and shunks near or around the bubble-up!

One question tho'. Does anyone know if it helps to washing this sorta self-imposed torture down with a 6 pack? Will it remove such a nasty taste from ones mouth, or, does it simply increase the buzz??
[signature]
PICKLE JUICE BELEVE IT OR NOT IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME. I DRINK IT BEFORE I HIT ANYPLACE WITH VAMPIRES. TRY IT
[signature]
Don, you had me laughing so hard I was blowing Dr. Pepper out my nose! But I think the six pack just lessens the pain of getting drained by those hungry skeeters.
[signature]
Footer, yeah but I preferr to use Jack Daniels. that is more efficient in the long run.

Moose, I like whatever you make and I can eat till my eyes burn out of my sockets and end up in my pockets baby!!!

I swear after one hour of eating the garlic you guys will not even know you did it...but...everything else within 20 feet of you will know what you ate....and if you eat too much you will have enough gas to fuel a fleet of boats for a race weekend!!!! I weigh about 175 and I eat 2 regular sized cloves and my wife tells me its not too bad...she can still smell the fish over me....besides garlic is a great fish attractor and if its eeekin out of you then its bound to make its way to your tackle....try storing a clove in with some soft plastics for a few days before you go....maybe un-refrigerated....it may be a whole new scent-sation!!!

I WILL MATCH MY GARLIC THEORY AGAINST ANY OTHER BUG REPELLANT PRODUCT OR MYTH OUT THERE....IF YOU CAN STAND NEXT TO ME LONG ENOUGH FOR US TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS BETTER!!! LMAO

Laters,
[signature]
Sorry about that Moose! Those peppers have that effect on some folk.. Make sure the keyboard gets wiped clean!

Yea BF, Daniels be the ticket. If nothing else it helps a person forget how bad the fishing was. Oh heck,, after enough few good snorts a guy couldnt care less if the boat sinks out from under him. So if someday you happen to hear a voice from below screaming out, "where's my scuba tank, mask, fins, BC, and speargun?", just ignore it. I'll swim back to shore.

One more minor question about YOUR secret repellant if ya dont mind. If a guy was to stand still for any length of time how large would the pile of steeters get at his feet? I figure reguardless, those little blood suckin &%& & %#$!&^% will try sneekin' up for a look see anyways, then probably faint straight away once down wind, right? Their a bit small but hey,, Free bait, right?!

Btw, has anyone figure out how to ball up a fist full of those lil blood suckin critters and get em to stay put on a hook? I'm still a bit puzzled on that one, altho', the Cream of Tartar seemed to help.. If you try this be sure and use lots of Cream of Tartar and theres three good reasons to having the honey mix it up for ya. 1, a guy dont need a hooksafe once the tartar sets up. 2, no extra weight seems to be needed, it will cast great. And 3, he dont have all those "snelly fish" to clean at the end of the day.

Seriously tho',, they seem to like me more than most folk so I might just try this. On second thought,, maybe I'll just rub myself down with Garlic powder. A spinkle a day, keeps the skeeters away! Have you had your Garlic spinkles today?!
[signature]
I was laughing so hard darn near fell out of my chair, half the folks came by to see all the comotion, the other half to hear a what they thought was a good joke! Keep em coming
[signature]
Moose call in the gang here comes a doozy.....

Coldy my man...here is the "scientific" espla nation. badfished up a bit of course...here goes..rattle ratlle...shake it outta my head...

Okay, the garlic must be eaten cause if you dont eat it, the oils and residues cannot access your blood stream and deposit in the fatty layers of your skin...hence the two days you stink after eating a garlic imbelished meal...now while that garlic is in your skin it mixes with the normal secretions we all have OUT OF OUR SKIN to coat and protect us from dry skin. its like your body making its own lotion...FOR YOUR SKIN. once this mixture is upon the skin, It does two things...stinks, and of course repelles pests..not just skeetos..but all bugs...animals..wives..neighbors...unless they eat garlic too then they are accustomed to your stench as nature seeks similarity.

How the insects get repelled is this...when the concotion of garlic after effects are eekin out of your body, skin, mouth, ears, etc..etc.... it mixes with your bodies secretions as well...yeah even them....so I hear...and while it is upon your skin, if a bug lands on it, it does not kill or harm the bug..well it does I guess...cause it burns them, like a chemical reaction with the bugs and the garlic oil so in effect its like you pouring battery acid on your shirt...eventually it gets to your skin if you dont get it off....same for a bug..it burns and repells them, you will notice however since I dont think many animals are eating garlic on a regular basis the bugs are not used to smelling this....so they will land on you...but they wont be able to stay long enough to figure out how to eat your smelly ass...so they leave, burned and rejected of what they seek.

In laymans terms, It works. I use it. I reccomend it at least once to try it...and you can always take a shower and douse yourself in something to cover up the "little Italy" aroma.

thats my story and I am sticking to it....

Laters,
[signature]
LOL,, [laugh]Ok, Gotcha!
[signature]
You guys had me in tears laughing so hard!

I've got one but I don't think you can get it in the states. I was in Korea a few years ago for work. And they drink a concoction called SOJU, I think it is a garlic bases liquor. Well Those little guys were very nice to me and they are very good people, but after a night drinking that stuff you reek like garlic for a week! And you sure don't want to get stuck in an elevator with a bunch of them . Between the kimche and the Soju. WHoa.....get the picture?
[signature]
LOL! Moose thats sound like a bad day at the fish market!
[signature]
Is that the garlic wine I had in Europe?? it was written in one of the asian languages, I was just told it was "garlic wine" It did make me smell for a week, and the gasses eekin outta my butt were enough to gag a maggot!!

LMAO

Laters,
[signature]
Don't know about that in Europe, but it sounds and smell familiar.
[signature]