Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turkey time
With Turkey season wraping up, who all got turkey's?
my gang all got are turkeys. Last Sunday we headed up to a new spot to try and before long my buddy D shot a nice tom with a 9 inch beard. Tha next Wednesday we headed back up and my other buddy jimmy shot a nice Jake with a 4 inch beard out of the same blind. This past Sunday it was my turn. After sitting all day. We watch two hens walk by and before long they brought out a huge Tom. My buddy D was able to video taped the whole hunt. after watch these three birds for a 1.5 hrs. they finally came into the field for a good shot. BANG bird down!
10 inch beard with 1 1/4 spurs.
3 birds in one week all out of the same blind.
Hunting doesn't get much better then that!![Smile]
I'll have pictures to post here in a couple of days.
[signature]
wow , 3 birds from the same blind ? your scout sure did his feildwork . you tell him that's the best i've ever heard of [cool] !

i've had turkeys completley avoid a area for up to a week when i was detected . other time seen them walk by me without a care in the world , mostley the hens thou .

did you put in for the bear permit ?

i didn't , too many dogs running around in this area for a good hunt . i'll wait for another year when i can cross over the mac for a bear .

while i was writting this i was interupted by a couple cottontails playing tag in the backyard . the funniest thing was seeing the chipmonk sitting on the deck watching them .
[signature]
congradulations on a sucsessfull hunt...

I think he qualifies you for a spot on the sportsman show... (Fred Trost)

I went to the fishing show, the food was respectable, the show was great, the company coulnt have been any better... this is one you could take the wife to and count is as a night out on the town...
[signature]
no, I forgot all about the bear permits. I went and got the pictures back and I scan a few in.
offical: 10 9/16 beard. 15/16 spurrs.
[signature]
that pic is very nicley done ! nice bird too .

what model shotgun are you using , looks like a remington 1500 ?
[signature]
just a reminder to put in for your elk. If you havent already bagged one.

June 15 through July 15, Elk applications are due.

how ya been, havent heard from ya in a while. I was wonderin if you got the picthure you were looking for?
[signature]
Yup, I didn't forget about the elk tags, but this year I tring for a bull only tag. The new rules say that if you pull a cow permit you have to wait 10 years before you can apply again. If I have to wait 10 years. I'm going for a bull and then I'm done for life.
I have been real busy here at work and swamped at home.
Haven't had much fun lately. Have been out fishing a couple of times but nothing much to talk about. The kids are doing better then me. I take them out fishing one day a week and every time we go they out fish me.
[signature]
I think I am done for life now, I got a any thing tag some 20 years ago, didnt even see an elk during hunting hours. ruff weather!

I tried to buy one last year and it wouldnt take my money. I applied for the antlerless and it did take my money.

that kool with the kids. you've got your self a fishing partner any time you want on now, well at least for the next 10 years anyway[Wink]

good luck on the elk tag....[Smile]
[signature]