Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A REAL Texas Kids Event
Now this is a Texas SPECIFIC event promoted and produced by Texans for our Texas Kids.<br><br>Everyone's a Winner at the C.A.S.T. Event <br><br>C.A.S.T. For Kids Foundation<br>by Patty Schaefer/Lakecaster<br><br>05/19/2002 - Lake Sam Rayburn, TX .... The "Catch a Special Thrill" event came to Lake Sam Rayburn in the beautiful setting of Ebeneezer Park. Nearly 150 diSadvantaged children with special medical needs from the Jasper, Newton and Sabine County, TX areas participated in the largest collaborative event since it's inception in 1991. The Smiles, the laughter, the first time wonders experienced by the kids and volunteers was awesome. It was the kind of event that none of the participants will soon forget. <br><br>C.A.S.T. for Kids Foundation, formed in 1991, joined with volunteers, who loved to fish with physically challenged, and diSadvantaged children, to coordinate and initiate a day of fishing with these kids in the great outdoors. A C.A.S.T. for Kids event was then designed, from those earlier events, to create a friendly environment, where children and adults alike, would benefit from each other by taking from their special day, their own special lessons, and special memories, as both children and adults would have the opportunity to leave their problems behind on the shore, to share and enjoy their special day of fun on the water. <br><br> Texas Parks & Wildlife came and had an educational "Operation Game Theft" booth, laser hunting for the kids to try and a catfish tank with over 500 fish that the kids enjoyed immensly with many "first fish" awards given. The kids got to try their hand at archery as well as flipping, pitching and casting lessons from some area fishing pro's. There were pony rides and pony painting with entertainment from the Bayou Boogie Band. The Stump Restaurant provided lunch for everyone and Elija's Restaurant provided breakfast. Tribal Indians came from the Alabama Coushata Reservation and entertained with many full dress tribal dances. Jasper Boy Scout Troop #932 helped the kids fly kites. <br><br>"Splasher the Frog", mascott for the Corps of Engineers came and created a lot of Smiles. All of the kids received a Plano Tackle Box, Zebco rod & reel combo, hats and shirts, and finally a plaque with a picture of them to commemorate the event. There is no way to put into words the joy that poured out from everyone no matter what their role in participation. <br><br>C.A.S.T. for Kids continues to fulfill its original purpose, while continuing to realize others: <br><br><br><br><br>JR'S FISHING GUIDE SERVICE <br>Texas Highland Chain and Canyon Lake.
Jim,<br>Looks like another great C.A.S.T. Event.<br>Shure would of liked to have been able to attend this great event. I have plans in place to spend time in Port Aransas next spring. Do you have any contact info for next years event? I would like to get details on it so I can make adjustments to my trip to alow me to be there. <br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher &lt;*(())))))))))&gt;{<br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/</A>
First, let me clarify one thing. C.A.S.T. For Kids is in no way shape or form affiliated with C.A.S.T. (Couples Assoc. of Sport Tournaments) which is a "for profit" business that only <br>puts money into the pockets of the top two tiers of the Directors. C.A.S.T. For Kids is a non-profit group that provides<br>opportunities for disabled kids to be experience fishing. Organizers, Sponsors and Guides offer their time, money and services to make these events possible - ALL FOR FREE.<br><br>For info. on C.A.S.T. For Kids you can contact Jim Owens,<br>Executive Director at 425-251-3214 or email jowens@castforkids.org.<br><br>JF<br><br>JR'S FISHING GUIDE SERVICE <br>Texas Highland Chain and Canyon Lake.
cast for kids is an excilent program.<br>just for compeating in a casting contest they have the opertunity to win scolarships for higher education.<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown