Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
almost the big musky
hit pineview today we have been seeing a big musky for a few weeks now and today he hit my spinner. the fight went on for 5 mins then snap my wrist broke or something. I had to hand my pole to my bro inlaw and when I did that the hog throw th lure. oh man was it big. anyway looks like I need to get my wrist cut to fix it now.(it's been bad for a bit like a few of you have seen). yes I know some of you are thinking I should be in LV but wife unded up having to work this weekend and I just did my business stuff over the phone.

oh before you ask where I was fishing I'll tell you it was in the water on pineview. I used one of my musky killer moose spinners.(you can get them from hooked or off my website) oh we did boat one before the big one and I'll post the pics when we get them back hopfully tomarrow. and boy is this slow typing with just one hand on good pain pills.
[signature]
sorry to hear about your wrist norm i know you been wanting to get that one fish for a while hopefully he's still around when your able to fish again
[signature]
sorry to hear that moose you have been having a bad string of luck lately, and like was said before hopefully he is still there for when you can make it back on the water. get feeling better
[signature]
That's pretty harsh! At least you didn't break the wrist doing something lame, like work! Too bad you weren't able to boat that big bad muskie. I'll bet he was a nice fish. Get better soon my friend.
[signature]
yes I hope he is still there. we are guessing he is atleast 56" long and just one big fat fish. I know it will brake all records fo muskying in the state and I'm hoping for an IFGA(or how every the spellit) record with it also. looks like i'll be out of fishing for a few weeks now atleast. and will need surgery to fix it. "just when the musky fishing is getting good"
[signature]
I.G.F.A..... international game fish assocoation
[signature]
no chris he was right the first time IFGA Ice Fishing God Association[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool]Man, that must be a huge fish to break your wrist, Moose![Tongue] Just think, now you've got a hell of a story to tell your grandkids someday!

Seriously though, that sucks about your wrist[pirate]. Hope you get it fixed in time to get back into that bad boy before ice on. You'll get him. Make sure you take that camera next time you go after him, 'cause I wanna see a picture of that monster!
[signature]
Hey make sure you get all and i mean all the rules and specifications on the I.G.F.A! They are very strict on the rules .There are certain things you cant do when fighting a fish .Hope your luck turns for the better! But like i always tell my wife everytime something bad happens something even better comes along!
[signature]
they do have strict rules to follow years ago i entered a CA. halibut that was caught on 4# line even though it was the first halibut to be submitted in that class it was rejected because i didn't have a peice of unused line off the filler spool to submitt for testing
[signature]
Yup i have friends that have had records disqualified because of those rules .Cant have anyone touch your rod cant touch your rod on the boat etc......
[signature]
Hey nonmoose can you fish pineview from shore for musky or any other species? I might just plan on going there sometime.Maybe even next week.I need to have kids fish for something they can catch.
[signature]
If that 45 incher you caught last year with OEJ and I almost broke your wrist, I can imagine what size that one had to be!!!
[signature]
yes you can fish pineview from shore for musky. lots of them are hooked from shore. the kids can try for the perch,crappie,or smallmouth bass
[signature]