Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy with beard
As I was coming into work this a.m. I noticed an older gentleman with long hair and a very long beard. He was working feverishly on what looked to be the construction of a boat. He also had a lot of animals penned up in his yard in sets of two.

Hey the rain can stop any day now!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
You might need to check the fish species. Make sure he has two of each as well. We are not asking you to be a bucket biologist but you will have to keep them alive in something for future planting.
[signature]
i think the guy is a trunkslammer (downstate tourist ) who couldn't find any halfway decen't weather to work in , lol ![shocked]

i hear they got it worse than us . dave's house just moved up a couple thousand in it's price because it is now waterfront property , lol ![crazy]

better sell it now dave before the water recedes a few blocks .[Wink]

got any pics from your area of the highwater ?
[signature]
no I didnt take any pictures, my back yard floods with every rain now since the commece twp screwed up the dranage from the swamp.

our lakes and rivers were at its normal to low range before the heavy rains set in around my area, my troubles was the row boat filling every night... litteraly" I was more scaired that my tiers might blow... I guess it pays to have new tires on the trailer.[Wink]

down river of me got it realy bad. some places 12 feet under water.... living rooms half empty with water, (half full half empty you choose)
[signature]
i got a teller at the banka little embarased today , , long story short she was interested in my having my bank downstate and my reason for moving up here , i explaned it and then she starts boasting about her relocation because they have always wanted lake front property .

i said "lady, this year everyone around here ownes lakefront property "

all the other tellers busted out laughing except for her ,

the water is at near normal levels at the dam now , but the bottom has changed bigtime . the slabs of concrete aren'y where they used to be , the current runs in two new channels the old tree on the bottom is uncovered from the silt showing the petrified roots . and all the crayfish are dead . the creyfish are dead from the chemical treatments to rid the lake of weeds .

real bummer , bass gotta eat too !
[signature]
WELL , IT'S ALMOST CAMPING SEASON , WHEN YOU HEADING UP NORTH ?
[signature]
Hey Lonehunter:

Schools out for the summer, and we are heading to our place on South Manistique Lake this weekend. I blew out my knee playing basketball two weeks ago, and need to be scoped in July. However, that will not affect my ability to cast and/or operate the boat. Old guy still trying to play ball, I guess it finally caught up with me. I need to stick the simpler things in life like fishing and exercising my right hand with a bottle. Hopefully, there are still some walleye floating around when I get there.
[signature]