Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potomac River Maryland BFL prefishing 5/29/04
[cool][size 2]It was cold early, and you needed a jacket! We went right to our best area in the dark, and waited for the boats from the ABA, and several other tournaments to show up, and see what they would do in our spots. It was remarkable the amount of boats that showed up and did everything right! We watched 30-40 boats come and go in 3 hours , and only 2 boats landed a bass big enough to measure! We worked the same area when they were finished, and caught 3 bass, all measured, but way down from the results yesterday. The weather didn't help any, and the tide was bad, not to mention what the wind and cigar boats and yachts did to the shallow grass bed fish we had. LOL We still got 5 fish by 2 PM when we left, but will work further south of Mattawoman starting on Tuesday in some other spots we have to see if any other patterns can be devloped as back ups to the pads and the spoils. If not, we will sit on the best spot for the entire 8 hours, and pray. We only need 5 bites all day, so it will be ok, but we would feel way more confident if we could find some better fish that will hold up for several days. Talk to you soon, Steve [/size]
[signature]
congradulations, nice catch,

we had about the same results here in michigan on saturday, I managed to pull in one but all in all the bass were slow to react.

from every one I talked to the results was the same, few and vary far between and no realy biguns..

it was nippy here as well, we wore jacket all the way to noon before the chill let up.

I felt the bite would be slow the moment I stuck my nose out the door in the morning. "Hate when I am right"
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5560;]
[signature]