Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Opener 2004
who made it out for opening day?

I went over to wolverine lake on saturday morn from 6am till noon, the whole day was slow for every one. I hooked up to only one 12 inch smallie the gills and perch were even slow on tis day. at least in the pre noon. this seemed to be the same for every one saturday morn I talked to....

I was wondering if the after noon was any better..
[signature]
We dont have a bass opener here[cool]. We can catch them all year long[sly]
[signature]
i went for an hour and cought 3 under the limit three that were keeper size and one lmb a whopping 21 " long . bad part was i didn't take the camera to the honey hole with me [Sad] . i put all back in for another day of fishing fun .

shure was great tp actually see the smallies in there thou[cool] . last yeat there were only a few of them .
[signature]
Congrats on the 21incher!! What did you catch it on?
[signature]
belive it or not , plain old worms . i use a pencil bobber a number 8 mustad circle hook and a split shot . i use different splitshots depending on the size of the worm . kind of a cross between european bobber fishing and steelhead fishing . i think dave uses the same technique in his ice fishing also .

the worm floats with the current naturally as if not on a line at all , the bass can take the bait without feeling the pull from the bobber at all . i wait a few seconds and set the hook , fish on !!!

i did a lot of bobber fishing last year , the pencil bobber worked the best out of all the different types i used . greater surface area offering the least resistance in a good current .
[signature]
Ya couldnt have stepped on him to get that extra inch? LOL

just shy of your master angler..... nice catch, hope ya put your name on him so you can pick him back up in july or agust after he grows another inch....[Tongue]

I came close to my 4th master angler last saturday with a 10 inch Rock Bass. I will update my 9 incher on the contest some time this week....[Wink]
[signature]
fish flatrock (during normal weather conditions ) for a strait month before the opener and you'll get those catch and release master anglers awards for the smallies . i cought a 28 " smallie there the same year i moved up here . used a red and white grub . of course that time of year , all kinds of fish are up in that river for the spring run .

has that big northern shown up since that ice fishing incident ?i bet he'd be worth two patches .
[signature]
I havent seen any baby ducks yet on the lake, the water on the lake is 2 foot above legal limit.

I went down to sit and watch for an hour the other day between rain spouts. I saw no ducks on the water. I expect when the ducks start their summer time splashing he will be back.

just as soon as he gets a taiste for baby ducks he will start eating full grown ducks again...

I dont make it down flat rock way, its a bit far to walk.. the BFT mobile is down for the count... I have to stick close to home....
[signature]
what's wrong with the puddle jumper ?
[signature]
the chassy around the "A" fram rusted away and came down on to the "A" and cut the brake line... (while I was driving!!!!) I was going to drive it till it died, I never in a million years would have pictured this ending for the big fish mobile....

I expected the engine or rear end or trans... more so the engine spicifficly a piston or push rod....

needless to say the next time this puddle jumper leaves the drive way will be to go to the nearest scrap yard....
[signature]