Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Lagoon Report
Capt. Rob Blake’s fishing report from Florida’s Mosquito Lagoon and Upper Indian River-updated May 29th, 2002.<br><br>With water levels rising in the Mosquito lagoon, fish are venturing into new territory in search of food and comfort. Over the past week, we have been finding some eager tailers in just inches of water. These flats were bone dry just 10 days ago, but now hold enough water to barely cover the dorsal fins of the meandering redfish.<br><br>The full moon period is here, but it really hasn’t had much of an effect thus far. Spin fishermen are hitting double digit days fairly quickly with accurate casts. Fly fishermen are enjoying a very healthy tailing fish population until about 10am or so. It still takes a good cast, but all in all, things have been going very well for all of my anglers.<br><br>This past week’s outstanding catch goes to Jason Klinderhaust of Destin, Florida with a 34-pound, heavily spotted redfish. Look for this fish soon on my 2002 photos page. <br><br>Spin fisherman still can’t go wrong with live shrimp sightcasted to the tailers or laid-up fish. Soft plastic jerkbaits and topwater plugs are also getting their share of quality fish. Fly fishermen are doing very well on traditional Clousers tied in chartreuse and white. Leave the flys unweighted for extreme skinny water use.<br><br>I still have some days available for June, and don’t forget about Father’s Day…call me at 1-866-RED-DRUM to book your trip. ‘Til next week…<br><br><br>Capt. Rob Blake<br>www.redfishonfly.com<br>1-866-RED-DRUM Toll Free<br>1-321-633-0923 local<br>1-321-544-5041 cell<br><br><br><br><br><br>Contact Capt. Rob at 1-866-RED-DRUM <br>or 321-633-0923 or 321-544-5041 (cell).