Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A closer peek
For those with interest here are a few pictures of the major components and how it comes together.

#1 is the unit that hold the motor and battery. #2 is merely a bottom view.

Pictures 3 -5 are showing the rod hold, rudder, and rudder handle/switch and how they all connect. The rudder actually hangs about 10" under the tube so it steers fairly well. 4. is showing the back side and how the rod holder actually slides into place with the rudder handle.

#6. The tube I use is a 20" truck tube. It allow me plenty of space in the middle to mount the motor/battery support and to completely raise the motor out of the water when need as shown in the picture.

#7 Shows the side pull option. Note the Black pvc pipe slid through the Eye Bolts on the tugme. The black PVC pipe is use when two tubes are being tugged side by side from behind as shown in picture #10 although only my tube was available when I took the pictures. However, a second tube can simply snap in place.

#8 shows the setup ready for sideway pulling for working a shoreline and what not. The rudder isnt needed and is left off while using this side pull option.

#9 Simply shows the PVC pipe installed in the Eye bolts to allow a float tube to be attached to either side. With the PVC pipe attached to the Tugme, and with it extending between the two tubes, there is no chance of jackknifing. Also, by using eye bolts to attach the PCV it allow for a lot of free up and down movement between the Float tube/s and tugme in waves. I use a quick pin and keeper on both the rudder and the black pipe to make the connections fast and easy.

I will add that while I'm using the tugme to simply pull me about the black PVC pipe isnt needed and there is no jackknifing. All the pipes are white PVC and simply painted. And while it was perhaps over kill, the large blue PVC pipes on the motor and battery support are actually double wall, a smaller inter pipe slid into the large out pipe.

And there you have it.

Thanks for looking.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Hey Don, nice work, and thanks for taking and sharing the pics. Looks like some real engineering there. FROM THE MAN WHO BROUGHT YOU THE "COLDFOOTER HILTON".[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]When are you going to mount the 250 horse on it? I wanna watch you get it up on plane.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks ol'e buddy!

LMAO. Actually I have a lead on a small 3000 hp jet jobby. Like the Wright Brothers,, I figure with a good head wind there will be no stopping me!

Its either that, or one of those motorized parasails, but either way I'll just fly to where the fishing is good.

What was the name of that 60's show, "The flying Nun"? In my case it might be called, "He caught none, then crashed and burned!" flim at 11:00.[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]I know you are only a fisherman, but I am sure you realize that getting there faster is no good if you are not physically able to wave a fishing rod after the ride. Having your body tore apart at high speed could just ruin your whole day. Not only that, chumming is illegal.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Ah yes. We have much fun here.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, I'll be off line for a couple of days. Catch back up with everybody after the weekend.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Hope everybody gets to go fishing and have a better weekend than I have lined up.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Best wishes! We'll save some fish for ya.
[signature]