Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegill Spawn
I just read that the bluegill should be spawning in the next 2 weeks.And usually that means that the bluegill fishing should start to pick up. especially for crown butte and sweet briar.
[signature]
I was just out for a bit today, the gills were off he beds, if yours arent they should be vary soon, some time in the next week.
[signature]
i was just out on a lake about 2 days ago and they still were on on there beds.
[signature]
thanks for the heads up. I guess you are a bit north of me. It has been on the cool side here and the gills should have been off the beds weeks ago around here. My garden is even running late this year.
[signature]
from wat i have been hearing the bluegill bit at sweetbriar and crownbutte is starting to pick up , and im pretty sure most if not all the bluegill, are off there beds[Smile]
[signature]
here it mid july and we are still getting cotton woods droppin their fluff puffs.

it will be any day now I figure before I can start deap watter fishing...
[signature]
hey dave do u fish deep water for bluegills?
[signature]
sure do, some times as deap as 20 feet in mid to late sumer.
[signature]
wow that is deep to catch bluegill, probobly the deepest for me has been 10 ft. i might have to give that a try. thanks[Smile]
[signature]
you will need to fish near some kind of structure, the hard part will be getting the bait down past the little gills on top down to the big ones on the bottom.
[signature]
That's one thing about fishing for panfish that I dont like. You always have to get past the little fish to get to the big fish. Even though catching the fish is fun, it's always better once you get into the BIGGER fish[cool]
[signature]
there is no doubt that thay can be a pain some times. I have found that once in a while I will have to take a limit of smaller gills just to thin them out a bit...

with all the baby carp in the lake the pike and other preaditor fish do not behave normaly. the target the carp insted of the pan fish which results in the stunting of pan fish.
[signature]