Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you like to receive for Father's Day?
This question is for all the dad's. I include myself in this even though I'm really not a dad yet but I'm taking care of my girlfriend's son like I am the dad.

So, what would you like to receive as a Father's Day gift?

Here's an idea for fishing enthusiasts but it's not on my list....

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.T...&cmCat=MMC
[signature]
I just want to spend a great day with my girlfriend and her kid, whether it be at home watching movies or at a park playing with balls and kites, or at the waters edge with rods at our side, pliers in one hand, fish in the other.
[signature]
I don't ask for alot myself. I told my son that all I want is a chance to go float tubing with some of God's Large Mouth creatures like this one.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5031;]
[signature]
I would like to have the day off and go fishing with the family.
[signature]
Hey fyshrmn, are you the guy that fishes for cats in the MN River? if so, let's get together!
[signature]

Hey there DrownedDesertRat,

My stepdad was a better dad than my natural dad could have ever been or wanted to be. Stepdad is gone now but a visit would be cool.

If he doesn't 'show up', I guess it would be a visit from my adult kids as they live in Japan.

You may be more of a dad than you think... in some states... by being a 'dad', a certain period of time, makes you financially responsible! Oh yes.... it is true!

JapanRon
[signature]
The same thing I asked for at Christmas time, a shiny new bass boat with two big honkin' engines. I don't suspect I'll get it this time either, maybe I should ask for something more in our price range, like a dozen night crawlers.

Seriously, I'm hoping for a wallet , in which I can put pictures of my daughter and I fishing, when she's old enough to go (she's 3 months old now). I'll probably get some lures from the in-laws too.
[signature]
I really don't offer much "dad" support financially. It's more emotional support. He doesn't consider me his dad. Yesterday at the park I was helping him fly his kite (first day ever for him to fly one). A couple of his friends came and asked if I was his dad. He answered, "Joe's my pretend dad. My real dad is Rob." Thing is, he hardly ever sees his real dad and when he does, his real dad spends little to no time with him. He even switches jobs and moves every time the courts take money out of his paychecks for child support.

I wish he had more of a roll in Duncan's life. I know what it's like to have a dad that you love and miss that hardly has anything to do with you. At least my birth dad spent every moment possible with my brother and I when he'd pick us up and take us to his area for a week.
[signature]