Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many tackle boxes?
[cool][#008080][size 2]How many tackle boxes do you have & do you plan on buying another one in the near future? I have 6. Just bought a new one a few months ago. Almost too big to get in the trunk of my car.[Tongue] [/size][/#008080]
[signature]
I don't think you can ever have too many tackle boxes. I've been fishing for 4 yrs now and I have 4 tackle boxes and still not enough room for all my lures and soft plastics!
[signature]
2 tackle bags for now, mine and the gf's

but i think that i will have to get another, i am getting to many plastics, need room for baits and spinners
[signature]

Hi there Dryrod,

Freshwater- 7 tackle boxes full of 'stuff'

Saltwater- 4 hard and 3 soft tackle boxes full of 'stuff'

For freshwater I have ended up taking stuff from the approprite boxes and taking them in a small backpack.

For saltwater, I have two small shoulder soft boxes, one for iron and line with the other for plastic and terminal tackle.

JapanRon
[signature]
I have one big hard box that i keep my most used tackle handy in and a big soft sided that will hold 10 plano 3600 plus alittle and a little more in the three side pockets. the rest i just put in a boat compartment.
i have about 20 with stuff in it some i dont use others im planning on using and most of what i use all the time. i do plan on buying more cause i am getting more stuff
[signature]
Hey Dryrod!!! Is this a joke or something???[Tongue] Just kidding.

I keep several tackle boxes as well as mini kits. The mini kits fit in my float tube or in a backpack just like JapanRon mentioned.

For the freshwater I have 2 bass tackle boxes for bank or dock fishing. 1 mini kit for the float tube.

1 trout tackle box with a mini kit for the float tube. 1 panfish tackle box with the mini as well. 1 Catfish tackle box with float tube mini also.

I keep 1 universal (fresh and saltwater)kit in each of my vehicles 3 total.

For the Saltwater fishing, I have other boxes and kits as well. I have 1 basic surf fishing tackle box( which can be used on a pier or boat as well). 1 Pier Rat kit which consists of 1 roll along tackle box, steel leaders and accessories, lead, plastics and jigs. 1 boat kit tackle box, and a special tackle box system that I use for traveling to Catalina Islands.

That comes out to about 11 not counting the mini kits for the float tube.

In answer to your final question, I may still have room for another tackle box.
[signature]
[size 3]I have 3 tackle boxes in full blown use right now, [/size]

[size 3]along with a soft pack with pouches.[/size]

[size 3]I also have 2 others and a spinnerbait box that are not being used,[/size]

[size 3]but definately SHOULD be being used![/size]
[signature]
[cool][#008000][size 2]Hi there FisherMOM, Glad to see that you are still with us. Was afraid that we lost one of our fine lady poster.[/size][/#008000]
[signature]
Thanks Dryrod.

Been busy here, clearing out a hedgerow.

Also I have a website in the makings.

I am not the one behind it though, but have been giving input. I will share the link when it is shareable. It's still being pieced together.

I did alot of fishing this weekend. I caught about 7 brown trout in the creek!

Had a blast! This is a wild portion of the stream. It is stocked upstream and down stream, so some of the trout come on and make their home where I fish. SO far, trout fishing is better than it was last year at this time!

I'll share pictures when I can. The site that host my photos is down right now though!

Thanks for worrying about me [sly], but you all are stuck with me!
[signature]
2 soft tackel bags and 1 hard[cool]
[signature]
I have 7 boxes (one is a Chest) number 8 is on the way, It is a rare ocation when I need all my boxes on a single trip. but it dose happen. usualy need them all when doing a kids fishing tournament.
[signature]
[laugh]that,s funny cause i,ve nevr even bought a tackle box till last year. haha i ,d tke the hooks if the waters high i,d take sinkers and my night crawlers stick em in my pocket, haha . that,s it. haha not till this last summer did i buy one.cause i got a few lures. it,s a small one i can pack on the back of the mortorcycle with my fish pole. that,s good. all i need. 6 though. with just lures?? that,s somethin haaha my uncle ted did the same. had many cause he use to go to lake champlain. and catch them big horn pout. guess ya ought ot be buyin a truck. hahaha [Smile]
[signature]
I have One, its the sleeper on my pickup. [Wink]
[signature]
I guess I can build me a sleeper out of the extras that I have.[cool]
[signature]
Now ya got the idea. [Wink]
[signature]
I wish I knew how many tackle boxes I have! My garage is filled with 'em! Everything from general freshwater boxes, to specific ones like trout, stripers and catfish. I have different saltwater boxes--only jigs for barracuda and yellowtail, only soft plastics for calico and sand bass, only sinkers and hooks for pier and surf fishing, and my heaviest box for rockcod(those two pound weights can nearly pull your arm out of its socket!). Maybe someday I'll do an inventory. but for now, I just grab and go.
[signature]
35 [Wink]

Sorry. [shocked] That was supposed to be 3-5.
[signature]
Hey there fln8iv!! Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. We will look forward to reading any of your fishing reports when you have some to share.

Tight lines.
[signature]
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to posting more when time permits.

Thanks again.

May all your catches be be trophies.
fln8iv
[signature]