Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is a true story guys..........
Ok guys, this is a TRUE story from New Hampshire.

Seriously - Evidently this guy saw a ball bouncing around in his neighbors pond in such a strange manner he had to go and investigate. What he found was a children's basketball - not to strange on its own BUT it was stuck in a flathead catfish's mouth. He figured he needed to help the big cat but the ball wouldn't come out so he held onto the catfish while he had his wife cut the basketball to deflate it, he was then able to retrieve the basketball from the catfish's mouth. Reportedly the catfish went on its way no worse for the wear. Crazy - check out these pics.

[Image: kat1.jpg]

[Image: kat2.jpg]

[Image: kat3.jpg]

[Image: kat4.jpg]
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]That is crazy! Those Big Kats are pretty much indestructible! All Kats for that matter. [/size]

[size 1]A while back I caught about six catfish and was going to cook them up so had them on a stringer for about 4 hours while I fished. I put them in a bag after and headed home, after getting a call on my cell phone I got distracted and it was another 2 hours before I got home. By then it was late and I didn't feel like cleaning them but didn't want to waste them. They still seemed to have a tiny bit of life so I put some water in the sink and couldn't believe how lively they were. I tried to put the littlest one in my fish tank but it was just to big. After about another 10 minutes I figured I would let them go in a local pond. I didn't think they would make it but about another half hour later I let them go in the pond and sure enough they all swam off like they had never left the water. It was about 5 hours after being out of the water. Their pretty hardy fish for sure![/size]

[size 1]Anyways, looks like I'll be trolling basketballs for now on![/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
yea the cat fish will eat anything they see...............
[signature]
Hey TuBemPhO, welcome to the BFT site. I was wondering when you would sign up. Glad to have you aboard. I look forward to going back to Castaic and giving you some more tubing lessons Dawg.[cool]
[signature]
Hey, By the way, any idea how big that Kat was? It looks like it would havegone 30 pounds or so?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Looking at the basketball sized mouth, it could easily be 50-55lbs. That would be about right for a flathead. It would take a Blue cat with about 1/3 more weight to be able to accomplish the same feat.
[signature]
Yes, I would buy that, he's a biiiiiiiigggggggggggggg Kat for sure.

So what do you say T2, are we gonna have to trade in the shrimp and chicken liver for Basketball lures?

The really scary thing is, [crazy]were is the kid who was playing basketball (LOL)[crazy]?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
That sounds like a new market for lures.[cool]$$$$$$$$ Maybe we could get some sponsorships from Spalding, Wilson or others.

I can smell some serious buck out ot a deal like this one. The next thing to think about is bigger pockets on the old float tube.$$$$$ another money making idea.
[signature]
LOL! Thats funny!

I would be willing to bet with those pictures and a good ad you someone would actually buy one of those bad boys. Crap, I woulda probably bought it just to see what it was. Think about it, I have seen lure sales sites that don't have pictures that good!

It's a fun thought to throw around!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
My dad makes up some cool bunny tail lures. Perhaps we could get him to make up one with the basketball and bunny tail combo. We could call it the "Fuzzy Baller Kitty Whompus" $$$$ If we can't get enough colors of basketballs, then we could always switch to soccer balls. They come in a full rainbow of colors. I'm sure everyone would get a bigger kick out of those.

That line could be called the "Kat Kickers"$$$$[cool]
[signature]
can you say Super Bowl......welcome aboard
[signature]
LOL! Hey, and if basketballs work for Kats why not put out a line of footballs for LargeMouth and a line of superballs for Crappie![Tongue]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Now you have the idea![cool] $$$$$$$$$ Whatever works.
[signature]
heyy wasup whitenamese when we tudin agian i'm ready to bang on some bass................[cool]
[signature]
I was thinking of going Sunday morning. Most likely to Castaic. Are you down? We're going to hit the rocks at MDR on Friday.
[signature]

TuBemPhO,

Belated welcome to BFT and various boards. Happy to see the poor catfish was saved. Why didn't some of Mr. Catfish's team mates help him out?! Sheeh You'd think that at least they'd want their vollyball back!

JapanRon
[signature]
i'm down whiitenamese just hit me up and let me know foo....and wat time on fri?
[signature]
Call me on the Cell and show up with rods in hand. That's usually the best time to go[Tongue].[laugh][laugh]

The moon is just right tonight.
[signature]
Full moon last night? Or was that just the neighbors?

Hehe.
[signature]
We had a full moon. Inspite of the marine layer(coastal overcast) we still managed 3 leopard sharks, 2 bat rays, 1 shovel nose shark and 1 thornback ray.

It was enought to keep a couple guys busy.
[signature]